Ch2 Page 10

Andrew:

I grabbed some breakfast so August doesn't have to eat in front of people right now. I don't know how he'd handle it but I'm certain he's hungry.

As I approach my bedroom door, I can hear him yelling. "At this rate, ALL of your children will be dead. Go fuck yourself." when I open the door. He throws his phone on the hardwood floor and the screen shatters and a few electrical parts fly out. "Shit, that was fucking stupid." He crouches and picks up the pieces. "Are you okay?" He jumps and stares at me. "D-did you hear that?" his hands are shaking. His face is turning red, it's cute. "Ummm... no. At least, not all of it. That last part though...Are you okay?"

He looks back at the floor and begins picking up the shattered pieces of his screen. "I... I don't usually get that angry. I'll be okay" He whispers. I set the tray of food down on the coffee table "you hungry?" I ask, trying to be cheerful. He nods.

August throws his phone in the small wire trash bin by my desk and collapses on the couch. "Christmas is a lot of fun" He chuckles. He leans forward and grabs his bag. "What ya doing?" I ask. He digs for a moment and then pulls out a small envelope. "I got you a gift, well, I got your parents gifts too but I'm not sure I'll give it to them, it might be too cheap." He passes me the envelope. "You didn't have to get me anything" That's so sweet. "You can open it now or save it for later if you want." He sounds exhausted, his emotions have been all over the place today.

"I'm for sure opening it now." It's a nice black envelope with gold edges. It's bulging a bit, it's really full. it's not glued or taped, just folded. There's a card inside and a small bag of my favorite candy. A smile spreads across my face. He remembered...

The card is a cute one with a picture of a Christmas tree on the front.

The card reads: Thanks for being in my life, The world would suck without you.

He signed it with his name and a heart. His handwriting is really neat, almost like cursive. "I know it's not much but you kind of put me on the spot" He chuckles. He has his hand in his hair and his face is red. "It's the best gift I've ever gotten." "Har har." "I really mean it." I touch his hand and he finally looks at me. "You're full of shit." he laughs.

I was serious. I've gotten gifts from my parents forever but nothing felt as thoughtful as this. I'd kiss him right now if I could. Well, I can but he's stressed and I don't want to make it worse. He's also straight so... that makes things more difficult. "Can I ask a personal question?" His head is leaning back on the couch. "You've still got your daily pass" He smirks. God, the things I'd do to that man.

"What's your dating history like?" I ask. He looks at me with an eyebrow raised "I told you-" "No! You said I couldn't ask about your SEX life" I yell. He cackles. He thinks about it for a moment. "I've dated 6 people and been in a relationship with 4 of them" he states. I lean in so I can hear him better. He laughs "I took a few girls on dates in high school, that didn't work out, then I Was in a relationship with a girl for a month before she cheated on me. I wasn't that invested though, it was fine, I think they're married now?" "Mhm" I hum. I wanna know more. " Then there was a girl when I was working fast food, it didn't end well." I scoot closer and make exaggerated gestures to keep him going.

He bites his lip "I was in a few relationships in the military but they didn't last." "What about your love life, Romeo?" He smirks. "We Should probably head downstairs for photos!" I yell. "I'm gonna ask again later." he chuckles.