Ch2 Page 16

Andrew:

DAD! how dare he! I'm so embarrassed. "What's the point of the mistletoe?" August asks as we pull out of the driveway. "W-well, it's a weird tradition thing. normally they hang from the ceiling and if you find yourself under it, you kiss whoever is next to you." He laughs. "That is so dumb. Who came up with that?" I sigh "I'm not exactly sure but my dad tries to get me to kiss people or things every year with it."

"If you wanna kiss someone, why have a bullshit excuse like that?" He chuckles "Just kiss them. if they're into it of course." is this a sign? can I kiss him? probably not. it's just wishful thinking.

"So... About your dating history?" August says, turning his smug face towards me. "Shouldn't you be sleeping?" I ask.

"I'm not tired."

"That's new" I tap my fingers on the steering wheel anxiously.

"There was this girl in middle school..."

"Girl?" He raises a brow with a smug grin

"Do you want me to tell you or not?" I glare at him for a moment.

He gestures for me to keep talking while he chuckles

"I dated her for a few months but she ended up breaking up with me to pursue a guy named Billy... I kissed him first though." "What a player!" August grins. "I was kind of a nerd and I didn't really date anyone again till college. He was really good in bed." I giggle "That's enough of that." he smiles and turns up the radio, there's a bunch of Christmas music playing right now.

After five minutes, August is asleep with his head leaning on the window. He's so cute. his hair is covering most of his face and I can only see his lips. His chest is rhythmically rising and falling and I can faintly hear his steady breathing.

I pull up to his apartment building, luckily there is a street spot open near the entrance. "Hey, August." I gently touch his arm. He had changed into a pair of grey sweatpants and a dark green hoodie before we left. He looks really cozy. "August." I say again. His bright blue eyes flutter open "Did I fall asleep again?" He asks. his voice is so coarse when he first wakes up. He sits up and stretches. "Are you coming in with me?" He asks, still clearly groggy. "Of course, you know how much I love those stairs." I giggle.

When we get to his apartment, there is pink paper taped to his door. He quickly snatches it and crumples it in his hand while unlocking the door. "What is tha-" "Nothing." He cuts me off, he sounds angry.

Entering his apartment feels like getting a warm embrace, it's always warm and it smells much better than the first time I was here.

He tosses his stuff on the floor and collapses on the couch. He lets out an exaggerated groan with his face buried in a throw pillow. "Stressed?" I ask. I lock the door and sit down next to him. "Incredibly." He sits up and faces me. We're so close, our thighs are touching. I could kiss him. "Do you wanna watch a movie till we pass out?" He asks, clearing his throat and slightly scooting away from me. Did I make him uncomfortable? I hope not. "Sure." I smile and grab the remote. He gets up and grabs a few blankets and pillows. 10 minutes into the movie and he was out.