Ch2 Page 23

Andrew:

"Was I too forward?" I ask. Ashley looks at me and sympathetically smiles. "I'm sure he was just busy, he's not afraid to be around you." she takes my plate to the kitchen. We're still in his apartment. I follow her. " you should pick him up from work, he's probably just being modest." yeah. he is like that all the time. maybe I should. "By the way, will you drive me home? I have to feed my dog." She sighs. "of course!"

We step out the front door, when I turn around to lock the door, there's a pink slip on the door. "Eviction notice?" I read. it says 'Eviction Notice: 2-week reminder' in big bold black letters. "He's getting evicted?!" Ashley shrugs. "that's probably why he's been so stressed lately. does he have anyone he can stay with?" she asks "not that I know of..."

back when he was fighting with his parents, they really seemed like they didn't care. "Why wouldn't he tell me...?" I feel like he's still hiding so much from me. I want to know more. maybe I'll ask him when I pick him up tonight. "Maybe he's embarrassed." Her voice breaks me from my thoughts. "Maybe..."

I pull up to the bar at 1:30, half an hour before it closes. I walk in and it's almost empty, most people have already left. "Sorry, we're not seating any-" August stops when he sees me, his face turns beat red. He's wearing tight leather pants and there isn't a shirt in sight. A few strands of his silky hair have fallen from his hair tie. he looks really good. "W-what are you doing here?" he puts his hand on his neck and breaks eye contact. "I'm here to pick you up, it's not safe to walk around at two in the morning." I smile. He nervously chuckles. "Well, come on in. we'll be closed soon." I take a seat at the bar.

"Oh hey, it's you." The waiter from the other night smiles at me. "You're August's friend, right?" She asks. She's wearing what looks like a lacey bra with an oversized black button-up tucked into her jeans. "Yeah, My name is Andrew." I reach out and shake her hand. "Hannah." She smiles. she looks at August who is helping an older gentleman get to the door. She leans in "Do you know if he is single?" she whispers.

I mean, technically, he is but I called dibs first. "His love life is a little complicated." I laugh. "That's a shame, he's really cute and sweet." another girl with bright pink hair chimes in. "He's so respectful." She blushes. He told me he likes me, I think that means he's mine? why do I feel so possessive? I don't actually know if he does like me or if he said it to get my drunk self to shut up.

August has been running around, encouraging the last two people to leave because they are officially closing. I've been chatting with Hannah and The pink-haired girl, named Kate. She has a lot of tattoos and piercings too. "So what do you do for work?" Hannah asks as she wipes down the bar. "I don't have a job right now, I'm currently in college for nursing." I've been reconsidering it though, I don't know if I can handle it anymore.

August helps lock up the doors and we walk the girls to their cars before leaving. He's changed into the jeans and t-shirt he left the house in. "Leather pants, huh?" I chuckle, nudging his side. "Heh, They were so uncomfortable." An awkward silence fills the car, it's not a long drive but I need to talk to him.

"Hey, so ummm, we should talk." I say nervously "about a few things, actually." He looks over at me. I can feel the nerves in the air, or maybe I'm anxious. "You got a notice on your door..." that seems like it's easier to start with. "Oh, you saw that?" he moves his gaze to his feet. "My... umm my parents were paying for a portion of my apartment.. they're kicking me out of my apartment, not the landlord." He shrugs. "I have a job that pays pretty well now though, I can figure it out." He tries to assure me.

"You can't get another apartment in 2 weeks." He nervously scratches his arm. "I can figure something out." "you can come stay with me for a while, I have a roommate but she's almost always in her room anyway." He's never been to my apartment. "I-I couldn't do that! you've already done a lot for me, I can figure it out" He struggles to accept help from people. "Well, it's not a question anymore, I know you don't have other places to stay." we pull into a spot a little ways from his building. "wait but-" "I have an extra bedroom, we can move you in there this weekend." I smile and grab his hand. "it's okay." He smiles at me, he looks like he's gonna cry. I love him.