𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐀

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱

It was only two weeks into Junior year and I was already done with school.

I had mindlessly told Ash how jealous I was that he didn't have to go to school once over FaceTime. It wasn't well received, him cussing me out for forgetting the reason he didn't attend school was because of the whole dangerous drug dealer life.

I understand why he reacted the way he did although my point still stood. I fucking hated school.

That's why I decided to skip school on Tuesday. One day off couldn't hurt, right?

I enjoyed not having to wake up early that morning. I didn't start getting out of bed till 11am and I took my time having a long shower before perfecting my hair and makeup. I changed into some baggy ripped jeans and a black crop top, throwing a zip up hoodie on.

It was 2pm by the time I left my house for the store. I was hesitant about showing up, knowing Ash probably wouldn't be too happy about me skipping.

I approached with caution as I set my eyes on the boy scrolling aimlessly through his phone. I did a short cough to make him aware of my presence.

"The fuck you doin' here?"Ash spat as I leant against the fridge.

I tried to think of an answer than wouldn't annoy him but before I had a chance, he spoke up again. "Lemme rephrase that, the fuck you doin' not at school?"

"Uh.. I felt ill this morning so I took the day off," I shrugged although he saw straight through it.

"Don't lie to my fuckin face, Winnie." He spoke in a serious tone. I could tell he wasn't gonna take any of my shit because he called me by my actual name.

"Okay, jheez! I just didn't want to go today, I hate it there," I groaned.

"I don't give a fuck if you hate it. You gon' hate living on a street corner couple years down the line a lot more just cause yo ass wanted to skip school," he ranted.

I couldn't help but think he was being a little dramatic. Of course I didn't say that though. I didn't say anything. I just looked down at my feet, slightly embarrassed that he had just gave me a telling off as if I was a little kid.

"Fuck man.." he cursed under his breath. "Look shawty, I ain't angry witchu just don't pull this shit again."

I looked up with a foolish grin, "I won't, I promise."

"I know you won't, I ain't gon' let you. Imma take you to school and back from now on," he stated.

"You don't have to do that," I chuckled nervously, hoping he was joking.