𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐀

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱

I had ignored my mom's message for four days until I finally replied. I had felt too divided in my feelings to respond, unsure if it was too soon to be going back after the last time I was there.

I eventually decided it was worth going just to see what she had to say so I messaged her back and we planned on meeting after school. Ash insisted on giving me a ride to my house which I was fine with since a little moral support was definitely needed.

"Do you want me to wait out here for you?" Ash offered as we pulled up outside the familiar house.

"No, it's okay. You need to get back to the store," I reminded him to which he nodded.

"Aight, well just ring me if you need me," he leant over and placed a sweet kiss on my temple.

"Thanks Ash," I hummed before getting out the car and going up to the door, unlocking it with my keys.

"Winnie!" my mom exclaimed as she engulfed me into a hug. I stiffened up at her touch which she must have noticed since she jolted away from me muttering, "Sorry."

"It's alright. Are you okay?" I weakly smiled as we walked into the living room.

"Yes I'm okay but I've been missing you like crazy. I haven't been back to work since you left," she admitted. I couldn't help but feel a little bit bad because I knew how much she loved her work but before I could say anything she continued speaking.

"Winnie I just want to say how sorry I am. I've neglected you as a daughter and it's not fair on you. I just freaked out when I came home because you've changed so much since I was last here, which is my own fault I know," she sighed.

"It's not your fault that you have to work. You've been getting that bag for us and I appreciate you for that always. Of course I wish you were here more often but what I wish for more is for you to just accept me for who I am. I'm not the same little girl anymore mom," I explained.

"I know, it's just hard seeing my baby so grown. That's partly why I got so mad seeing you with your boyfriend. The other part is that I saw myself in you which I know is also unfair. You're a lot smarter than I was at your age and now I can see you wouldn't make the same decisions I did," she stated.

"Yea, you really don't need to worry about the history repeating itself mom. Me and Ash would never risk that, Ash isn't anything like my dad. He's the most loyal, genuine person I know and he really loves me," I felt my heart beating out of my chest as I spoke.

"That's all that matters then baby girl. I just want you to be happy from now on, that's what's important to me. That's why I was thinking you could move back in here. I understand if it's too soon but I would feel so much more at peace knowing you were under my roof," my mom grinned.

I gave her a hesitant look as I gathered my thoughts before I spoke up, "Could Ash move in as well?"

My mother looked a little taken aback by my request but she slowly nodded, "If that's what will make you happy. I suppose it would also be nice to know you have someone to look after you when I'm away for work."

A wide smile broke out on my face at her words, "Thank you so much mom!" I pulled her in for a hug as I kissed her cheek.

"You're welcome baby," she cooed, "It would give me a second chance to get to know him as well since we didn't get off on such a great start."

"Despite all that I actually think you guys would get along," I spoke truthfully.

"You really think so?" my mom looked unconvinced.

"Yea well neither of you put up with my shit so at least you have that in common," I chuckled lightly, "I will warn you Ash is not as forgiving as me so he might take some time to come around."

"That's fine, I'm just so lucky to have such a forgiving daughter," she said.

"Honestly I think that might be one of my weaknesses. I can't think of a single time I haven't forgiven someone," I shrugged.

"Well in this case it's a good thing but I hope you do learn when is the right time to decline an apology. Some people don't deserve your forgiveness," she lectured.

"I know," I mumbled as my mom sent me sympathetic smile. "So you really love this boy?"

"more than anything," I confirmed.

"I mean you must do to get his initial on your wrist, Im still mad abou-" she began but I shot her a look that made her stop speaking and pretend to lock her mouth and throw away the key.

I giggled at her gesture before saying, "Do you mind if I go now? Just I really want to tell Ash about everything."

My mother looked slightly saddened at my request but nodded, "Sure. Just message me how things go and let me know when you can move back in."

We exchanged another loving hug before I left and made my way to the store. I knew I had a goofy ass smile on my face the entire time but I didn't care. I was just happy to know things would hopefully be getting better in my life.

Fezco was sat outside the store on his chair when I arrived smoking a blunt. "Hey kid," he greeted with a nervous expression.

"Hey Fez! Is Ash in the back?" I asked as I continued to walk into the store.

"Uh yea.. but I don't think you should go back there right now," Fez warned causing me to furrow my brows.

"Why?" I asked simply whilst grabbing the door handle to go through.

"He's a little busy.." I heard Fez in the background but I had drowned out whatever else he was saying as I looked in to see more than just Ash in the back.