𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐀

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱

I stayed at Ashtray's place for a couple of hours after the argument with my mom.

Ashtray had comforted me the entire time, not leaving my side as I let all my emotions out. Fez and Ash both insisted I would stay with them for as long as I needed to, which I was more than grateful for.

Once I had finally calmed down I asked Ash to take me home to collect some of my things since I had left earlier with literally nothing.

"Are you sure you want to go back already? Maybe we should leave it a little longer so everything calms down" Ash suggested but I just wanted to get it over and done with.

"No. I just want to get my stuff now and be done with the whole thing," I persisted.

Ash didn't look too convinced but he nodded, "Aight, what ever you say shawty. I'm coming with you though."

With that we got into Ashtray's car and drove back to my house. My anxiety was sky rocketing with each corner knowing I would have to face my mother again.

Ashtray stalked behind me as we approached the front door and went inside. My mother was sat on the couch and instantly turned her attention over to us as we entered the house.

"Winnie! I've been worried sick about you," she cooed to which I simply blanked her, leading Ashtray straight upstairs to my room.

My mom followed us into my room as I grabbed a bag and started raiding through my closet and vanity with the help of Ash.

"Winnie I need to talk to you alone," she persisted earning a glare from Ashtray.

"Anything you need to say to me you can say in front of my boyfriend," I shrugged without even looking at her.

"Fine, if that's what you insist. Now this is with no disrespect to you," she nodded at Ashtray before continuing, "but I know exactly how this relationship is going to pan out because I've been in the very same position. Winnie, this boyfriend of yours is exactly like your dad. A gang banger trying to prey on innocent girls for some fun and already creating an escape plan for the minute things turn bad. I'm just trying to protect you from being left at 17 to be a single mother like I did for christ sake!" my mother exclaimed.

I didn't even respond. I couldn't respond. How could she say all of that?

I obviously knew I wasn't a planned pregnancy but she had never described it so harsh before.

"things turn bad"

Me and Ashtray exchanged a look and I could see he was beyond angry before he spoke up.

"Now this is no disrespect to you," he mirrored her words, "but you got no right to say any of that shit. Firstly, you know fuck all bout me so I suggest you stop talking like you do. Secondly, if you really cared for Winnie the way you think you do then you would have made an effort to see her over the past few months, but you didn't. I was the one laying with your daughter every night and I was the one comforting her when you wasn't there for her, and I ain't ever complained once cause I fucking love Winnie, clearly more than you ever will."

My mother was left speechless after Ash handed her the truth. She just shook her head at the pair of us before looking over at me with disappointed eyes.

"Don't look at me like that. He's right about everything and you just don't want to accept it," I spoke with tears in my eyes.

"You think I don't love you?" my moms voice cracked slightly.

"I don't even know anymore," I sighed before grabbing some of my bags, "We're leaving."

Ashtray grabbed the rest of my belongings and followed closely behind me. We walked outside and began to load the stuff into Ash's trunk as my mom stood in the doorway and watched us right up until we drove off.

"I'm so proud of you," Ash placed a kiss on my forehead whilst stroking my thigh.

"Thanks Ash, and thank you for everything you said in there. No one's ever stood up for me like that," I weakly smiled over at him from the passenger seat.

"I meant every word," Ash shrugged as if what he did was the bare minimum.

"Every word?" I narrowed my eyes, "Like even the part where you said you love me?"

"Well yea. That's what every word means," Ash spoke in a mocking tone although I could tell by the expression on his face he was nervous to admit his feelings.

"I love you too Ash," I hummed as a blush broke out on both of our faces.

The rest of the journey back to his place was quiet and once we got back we took all my bags up to his room.

"Can we sort through all this stuff tomorrow? I'm really fucking tired," Ash said mid-yawn.

"Yea that's fine. Can I use your shower?" I asked politely to which he nodded.

I went into the bathroom and placed my pjs on the side for when I got out of the shower. I stripped out of my clothes and stepped into the shower, turning the water to hot.

The burning sensation was an odd comfort on my skin as I washed myself whilst tears escaped my eyes.

My brain couldn't cope with all my conflicted feelings. Part of me was content with life knowing I had Ashtray by my side through everything, more than anyone else ever had been.

However I couldn't shake the feeling of loss. My relationship with my mom wasn't perfect but it was still difficult to accept I was now on bad terms with the only parent I've ever had.

I couldn't help but feel somewhat bad for her. She had told me how hard life was when I was first born as she was kicked out for getting pregnant by my grandparents and then she had to balance having a kid whilst working for her career. I felt ungrateful for being so angry at her for dedicating so much time to her job as well as doing the one thing she asked me not to do. Don't fall in love young.

I continued to sob in the shower until the scolding water became numb on my skin. I eventually got out and changed into my pjs, giving myself a quick once over in the mirror.

I knew Ashtray would be able to tell straight away that I had been crying and I was right. As soon as he caught sight of my bloodshot eyes and tear stained cheeks he pulled me over to his bed and laid me on his chest.

The room was silent other than our breathing and my occasional sniffles as Ash gently stroked my hair, "You're going to be okay Winnie. I've got you."

"