Saying Goodbye[Part 1]

Valerie

"So this is the place?"

"Yup." I sighed, staring at the tall white skyscraper, flashed upon by ground lights like it was time for a limelight. Alex shifted beside me, listening to his calm breathing. It may have been a mile away from this place but it still was massive, both distance and height.

Alex shrugged, glancing over at me. "Ever been inside?"

"I've avoided that all my life." I raised a brow towards him, being a long pause between us. "Well, that I remember of." I added on, flicking my eyes back on the building. "You sure it's here?" I shot back.

"Yes." He spoke quick, "That I remember of." I slowly craned my neck toward him, flinching when he double looked at me. "What?"

I gently shook my head, tossing the building a light irratated stare. "Nothing--do you possibly have floor plans?"

"No but I have an idea." He shifted his backpack off his shoulder, swear this kid goes nowhere without it every time I'm with him. He slipped a small but travel size tablet out, turning it on. "Give a minute and I can get into their system."

I rolled my eyes, leaning my chin on my hand. "If an highschool kids can get into their system that's-."

"Got it." I snapped over at him instantly, him shrugging. "I've seen this kind of codes before." Getting to his feet. "I know how to get in now, without running into anyone. There's an fire exit almost straight head." I planted my hands on the ground, pusing myself up and patted the dust off of me while I glanced at the blue print mapping. Something suddenly touched my shoulder, jolting and whipped my elbow straight back. Whatever it was hurt the hell of my elbow, growling and grabbing it as we both parted like swinging doors. I slid my feet into a defensive stance as Alex did the same, watching whoever stagged back against a tree. They tossed a hand up, shaking it.

"Hold it!" They shouted, tilting their head up. It was Aiden. I groaned deep, slowly standing up as Alex exhaled.

"Least warn us that you got here."

"I'm not apologizing either." I muttered, keeping my fist at my sides.

"Whatever." He blurted out, taking his hand away, seeing his nose was bleeding. "We got a bigger problem." He pressed his sleeve to his nose as he walked over.

"We figured a way in, once inside, we can find where Valerie's cure and Kade's-." Alex stopped, a second later his brows fell when he locked eyes with his brother. "Where's Kade?"

"That's our problem." He muttered.

"What'd you do?" I growled, taking a step towards him.

He rose his hand, "It wasn't me at all." He growled back, biting my lip and shifting back as he checked his sleeve and sniffled. "The widow got Kade--he's alive but," He shook his head.

Alex and I exchanged looks, "What happened? Where is he?"

"He time traveled me here." He huffed, shrugging. "But he's not fighting it nor it's not sleeping in him like you." He frowned, "It's consuming him."

"We have to find that cure." I turned around to glare at the building. "I promised I wouldn't let Kade..."

"And Kade made me promise you wouldn't use it on him."

I whirled around, glaring at him. "You're not the one who is enduring the struggle. If Kade is infected like I and being in his condition, he won't last for any longer compared to me. He needs it."