6) Four!

Sorry this one is so short, I had many different directions I could go with this chapter but decide it's best to go with this one.

I woke up to someone humming, fluttering my eyes to see Aiden was still driving the boat. I groggily rolled over to my other side and snuggled closer to whatever laid on me.

“Aiden…do you think we’ll ever see mom and dad soon?”

I kept quiet, hearing nothing what the water and the boat’s engine pushing us faster. Aiden suddenly speaking up then, sounding sad and faint “I don’t Alex.”

“Do you think we’ll be safe in Hawaii?”

“…I hope so.”

I stared out behind us, watching the open water move as we left it behind, pearl blue and fragile looking for once. I gripped the cross that dangled from my neck, no longer seeing the big apple. I was homeless just like them. There was no going back and no buts about it, if I ever walked into the apartment it’d be empty and smell weird. I wander how excited Jake would be that I left his beautiful city or suddenly disappeared. I sighed, closing my eyes and bit my lip.

All I had now was hope like them.

“I spy land!” Alex chimed, laughing.

“Hush, you’re going to wake her up.”

“Already did.” I yawned, rolling back over to face them while rubbing my eye. Aiden’s broad shoulder’s dropped as he shot his brother a blunt look. I sat up on my elbow and saw what was covering me what a hoodie, looking it over.

He rubbed the back of his head awkwardly now. “Yeah…you were shivering while sleeping so I covered you up.”

I smiled, looking down. “Thanks.”

“Aiden, do you got a crush on Valerie?”

The question buzzed in my head as Aiden instantly grew a pissed off look and death glared at his brother, “No, I don’t Alex. It’s called being nice! Shut up!” He shouted, making my giggle behind my hand. Alex shrugged, looking down at his feet with a smile. “It sounds like it.”

“Alex!”

We finally crept up on shore when the sun was setting, lying in the warm sand. All of us peeking through tall grass, Aiden groaned and narrowed his eyes. “They were expecting us.” He huffed, following his aggravated stare. Seeing a few guys in all black was heading towards a rundown looking beach house. I sighed, drumming my nails along the sand.

Aiden groaned, looking around then his eyes shifted to me. “I know where we can go.”

~♠~

The moon hovered over us, watching our every move. Clearly Aiden knew where we were driving since he slithered the boat through the water, seeing jagged rocks appear when close enough in the water. Alex was shifting through his bag as I sat on the bench and huffed, leaning over my hands.

“Where are we exactly?” I grumbled, flicking my cold look on Aiden. He held the wheel with one hand as he turned half away around and stared at the full moon, he started to mumble something under his breath then he made the loser “L” shape with his hand; squinting.

“An old friend of mine’s.” He dropped his hand and turned back to me, leaning somewhat against the wheel.

I raised a blunt brow. “You’re willing to put your friends in dangerous?”