3) Setting up the board

Is it considered bad to have a fling?

No, it shouldn’t….

Is it considered bad to have an affair for an a couple of years?

I’m pretty sure…

I moaned just from his fingers brushing down my back, he wasn’t a handsome man but when it came to sex he was perfect. Anywhere, anytime was okay with me. I groaned into his neck, listening to his grunting every time he thrust. If I closed my eyes, I always pictured his wife coming and catching him on the spot. His marriage would be over, his life would be ruined yet he thinks it’s okay to screw me. But it wasn’t.

It wasn’t…

I slowly opened my eyes, seeing my toes poked out from the red water. Valerie, you need to hold of yourself. You’re getting worse. I sighed through my nose, inhaling the sweet scent of blood giving me another contact high. I purred, sinking deeper into the tub. I had an hour left before his wife would come and see her precious husband dead on the floor, his head busted open and throat torn out. I defiantly won’t forget to leave a note saying you’re welcome for killing a cheater tacked to his body. When a cheater plays my game, don’t expect to live. Feet away from the bathroom, I heard the door click shut. My heart skipped a beat and my eyes flew open.

Someone home’s early…

I inhaled a calm breath, grabbing the side and slowly sitting up. I slapped my hand on the white tiles and watching the blood smear with elegancy, smiling as I craned to look at man’s corpse sprawled on the floor with blood surrounding him. It doesn’t matter if they find or not, whoever lays eyes on you and is here a dead person marked by me. I leaned my head back and exhaled, feeling my soaked hair stick to my back.

A dead person. Valerie. A dead person.

I got out and grabbed a white towel, wiping myself off and wring my hair out on him. Dropping the towel on him and got dressed, just like the hotel, never know who walked in and out of each room. Especially when there’s a piece of gum on the camera before I walked down the hallway. Outside was crisp fresh air and honking cars, I flicked my hair off my shoulders and looking around and checked my phone. Miss. Madaline will be home in 30 minutes, an hour and half before her husband was brutally murdered by the serial killer who’s been attacking for four years and this city still sleeps under the confidence of their cops.

Good riddens.

~♠~

“…Dr. Nolind?”

“Yes, my dear.” He slid a plate of eggs and pancakes in front of me. I stared down at it, he was good for something.

“Is it better to die as a monster or something you’re not really just to make others happy?” I flicked my eyes up at him, he stood there twisted to me while in front of the stove. He kept his spatula raised in the air while he had a priceless look on his face,

“Well, it’s all on how you see life, Valerie.” He slowly turned away and my eyes fell back on my plate.

My eyes fell closed, speaking faintly under my breath.  “…I despise it.”

“If you don’t mind.” I reopened my eyes, seeing him take a seat to the right of me with a soft smile. I blinked and nodded gently, he sat up more and straightened his fork next to his plate then joined his hands together. He bowed his head then angelically spoke his prayers under his breath, eyeing the wooden beaded cross dangling from his neck. Yes, he was very religious yet studied the things that shouldn’t exist with excitement. He whispered Amen before he bobbed his head up and smiled at me, picking up his fork. “How I see it with you…you would pick the first.”