7) Flashbacks

The room was stuffy, like a sonya.We all sat on a pillows and I couldn't help but stare. When Kade said not to stare but I didn't understand then...but now I did. This guy had a head of a corba! This guy literally looked like a king cobra from the neck up! I gulped, staring the back of the guy's head down. Kade elbowed me in the side, making me grunt. Kade shot a look before leaning back on his hands before Derek spoke up, turning around to us then. I swear I felt like a person who dropped acid....

He flicked his creepy eyes from me to Kade, narrowing my eyes more on him. Am I seriously seeing this?! raged through my head. No one at home is going to believe me! "How'd you sssmuggle her in here?"

"No one bothers one with a hood up, you know that." Kade huffed, looking quite bored. "Look, she's here and that's all that matters."

"We're all here." Derek blinked, blinking a few times myself. I have to be fucking dreaming. I flinched back when he suddenly look to me, nodding towards me. "Let's see it."

"See what?"

"The mark." Kade whispered lightly. I gulped, stiffening.

"I'm not pulling my shirt up."

"So I'm guessing you wear a shirt when Aiden fucks you?" Kade spoke cold.

I snarled, standing up on my knees. "You're such an asshole." I sighed, turning around and sitting back on my feet. Kade chuckled, quickly dying down as I felt my hands hesitate. Last time really anyone touched Aiden tried but it made it worse, but didn't touch it and hurt. I licked my lips, Kade whispering my name. Through my hair, I looked over to see him leaned over. "Everything's going to be fine." He whispered, rubbing my arm. "Trust me."

I sucked a breath in, gripping my knees and tilted my head down. "Just do it." I listen to his gently breathing before his hand brushed along it, feeling the coldness be left behind. His fingers trailed down to my hoodie, feeling the warm air whoosh under as he pulled it up. I could feel the tension in the air, hearing someone hold their breath.

"Ssso it's true." Derek spoke up, Kade pulling my shirt down then rubbing it a few times as if that was going to comfort me. "Ssshe's good as dead." He hissed, I gasped, turning back to Derek glaring at Kade who growled suddenly.

"You and I know F.E may have something there for her." Kade pulled his hand away, "Her body hasn't giving up since then and that was years ago, I am not going to give up on her now." His canines grew, snapping back when Derek hissed out-loud.

"Ssshe's turning into that beast that made her and you would stand by her side, what rubbish coming from your mouth."

"But it's true!" Kade snapped. "If the F.E does, I could get that for her."

"How?" Derek glared, "You lost your Sin, remember?"

Kade bared his fangs, grabbing his knees and leaning forward. "I didn't lose it, somebody stole it from me!"

"What's the F. E?" I glanced between them. They exchanged glares before Kade finally exhaled through his flared nostrils.

"The F. E. Society. Us experiments call it the Ferral Experiments Society but who the hell knows the real name of that place." He blinked to me. "No doubt that's where you were created."

"But I never heard of this place, let alone, stepped into a place." I shook my head.

"Maybe not...but maybe Dr. Nolind." He blinked.

Saying his name was like a dagger to the heart, gasping and sinking deeper as I glanced to the ground. Derek repeated the name, now echoing in my head. It rewinded in my head, Kade killed Nolind. Kade killed my father. Kade killed the only being who ever cared for me and loved me like I was normal. I heard my name be whispered, shakily glancing up to see him.

...Nolind.

KADE

"Shit." I crawled over Valerie, saying her name over and over and shaking her shoulder but she was slumped on the floor with pitch black eyes. "Fuck." I growled. She's having another flash back.

"What happened?" Derek muttered, coming over.

"Flash back."

His steps wandered closer, kneeling up and tilting her chin up. "No...it's not."

"Then what's going on with her?"

"Her mind is changing, changing to that damn thing. Who knows what's really going on the inside now."