vii. 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐱-𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭

"Hey, lady

"Hey, lady." Bryce peaked his head into Sam's hospital room later that evening. He had been waiting for Daniel to leave in order to do so, he found Amanda's eyes. "Hi, Mrs.LaRusso."

She gave a sad smile. "Hi, Bryce. Did you get checked out?"

"All good. Just heavy bruising." he shook his head, looking toward Sam.

She got the hint. "I'm gonna go see if Carmen has been told anything yet."

Bryce gave her a tiny smile as she passed, leaving the two alone. He pulled a thing of Iris's from behind his back. "I stole these from someone down the hall for you."

Sam tried to smile. "You shouldn't be stealing anything."

"I know, but, the person I took them from had a nazi symbol on their backpack, so, I figured they didn't deserve flowers."

Sam did manage to give a tiny smile as Bryce laid the flowers on the table by her bed, nodding to her wrapped forearm. "You get some stitches?"

"Yeah, the doctor is gonna run me a scan though." she shook her head, earning a nod. "Your face looks bad."

"Ouch." he said, sitting down as she reached to grab his chin, eyeing the black eye, cut lip, bruised jaw, and currently wrapped nose. "It wasn't broken, thank god."

"Still." she said back, exhaling.

Bryce sense her sadness. "Miguel's alive, Sam. I know that's not much to go off of, but there's nothing else we can do."

"I just feel bad." she said honestly. "Like, guilty."

He understood where she was coming from, because he'd feel bad too. "I'm not saying what you did at the party was okay, because it wasn't. But people make shitty mistakes, the average person doesn't have to deal with an entire karate war about it. Regardless of what happened at the party, that fight was gonna go down one way or another. Maybe it wouldn't have been today, but sooner or later. You didn't get up there and tell Robby to do that."

Sam let his words sink in, and it took some of the guilt off her with a small nod. Bryce grabbed his backpack. "Now, I brought my laptop with all the illegal websites for all the movies in the world. Also-"

Sam gave a minor chuckle as she saw the box of brown sugar pop tarts. "Thanks."

"So, what do you wanna watch first?" he scooted in next to her, placing his laptop on one of his legs, and one of hers. "Romance? Comedy? Horror? Thriller? Action? Sci-Fi?"

"You know, I like you being home with me." Jody confirmed as day three rolled around of Bryce not going to school. "Keeps me company."

"Well, that's why I do it." he gave her a half grin, leaning on his elbow as an 80s horror film played on the TV. "Dads gonna get mad when he finds out I haven't gone in three days."