XXIX. 𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐞

۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ  ִ ۫   ˑ ֗
࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ ✩◿𝓝𝓟◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE—
he takes after me.

۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗ 𓏲˖ 𑁍 ࣪ ִ ۫ ּ   ִ ۫   ˑ ֗  ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָ  ✩◿𝓝𝓟◸ 🂱 ࣪𓏲ּ ֶָCHAPTER TWENTY NINE—he takes after me

"Bryce, you wanna come here a second?" Daniel looked into his house. After they trained for the competition and showed off their hardest skill to the judges, they resulted back to the house for some good old fashioned pizza. Bryce had just recreated a memory when be smacked Demetri across the face with a slice of pizza, and Anthony couldn't stop laughing. "Jesus."

"Coming." he dropped the pizza and hurried over, heading outside where Sam and Chozen waited. "Aw, are you training out here?"

"Listen, I need to talk to the both of you." Daniels words made them both fill up with anxiety, thinking the worst as they shared a look. "At the competition, I really need you to be in Sams corner."

He let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding, nodding. "Yeah, of course. When am I not?"

"No, I mean you need to stay in her corner." Daniel was looking for a way not to necessarily shame him for his short temper, but work around it as well. "Cobra Kai isn't gonna fight fair, we know that. And it's probably gonna really piss you off, because it will me the worst. But, we need to show these judges that we don't fight dirty. That starts with you not wanting to throw someone into A Thousand Wishes."

Bryce sighed. "But it's difficult."

"I know it's difficult." Daniel nodded. Sam tried not to laugh at Bryce's pout. "But, you've gotta the closest to Miyagi-Do. You were never Cobra Kai. Just...save it for a better occasion?"

"Okay, but every time I look at Kyler, I literally wanna kick his ass." Bryce ranted off. "And I usually do."

"He does kinda." Sam had to agree.

"Okay, but tomorrow you don't." Daniel nodded as Bryce sighed, but nodded. The LaRusso man leaned in a little closer as he dropped his voice to a whisper. "Any other day of the week? You let him taste his own medicine."

Bryce grinned, raising his fist for Daniel to bump it before he headed in with Chozen. "I'll get you something to eat. To recharge."

Bryce gave Sam a spin when Daniel walked inside. "You excited?"

"I don't know." she admitted. "After the All Valley...."

"Don't let that stay in your head." his index finger touched her forehead. "You're the best fighter i've ever known."

Sam grinned. "I think you are too. I don't know why the boys didn't let you for the boys round."

"I am good." Bryce rose an eyebrow. "Just not...competition worthy good."

"Like street smarts." she laughed as he did the same.

"Exactly like street smarts." he pulled her into a hug as Daniel came back with pizza, pausing to watch the boy he worried about the most be the greatest comfort his daughter has ever known. He had to tell himself he wasn't Jody. He just had to.