ix. 𝐌𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐥

"You gonna finally try out?" Coach Liado asked Bryce later that week, when he did finally go back to school, seeing him throwing a football around

"You gonna finally try out?" Coach Liado asked Bryce later that week, when he did finally go back to school, seeing him throwing a football around. "You still have senior year left."

Bryce looked his way. "I've never played in my life."

"Yeah, but you've got an arm on you." the older man hummed, rocking on his heels as he held the toothpick in his mouth. "A little one on one training this summer and you'll be caught up."

Bryce rose an eyebrow. "I'm thinking about-"

He stopped when he saw Sam in the distance, jumping off the soccer field and kick a guy in the face. He gapped in disbelief, his eyebrows shooting up as he saw Demetri trip Hawk and have him roll. Bryce looked to the coach. "I've gotta go."

Bryce walked over, the PE coach blowing her whistle a number of times. Bryce nodded to the cluster of cheerleaders before her. "Ladies."

"These your friends?" the coach asked, looking over as Sam kicked a ball into one of Cobra Kais faces.

Bryce shook his head. "No clue who they are."

"That's it. Everyone to the principals office now!" she called out, making them pause and look over. Bryce gave an apologetic, and half way mocking, wave.

"Look who it is." Bryce stood by his car, an hour after school let out as Sam walked from the doors. "My favorite little rebel."

"Not a rebel." she huffed, arms crossed. "You waited for me?"

"I said i'd drive you home." he shrugged, opening up the passengers seat door. "Plus, I couldn't miss your first detention."

"Oh, give me a break." she rolled her eyes, getting in as Bryce continued to laugh, getting in on the other side. "We didn't even do anything wrong."

"I thought you put on quite a show." he hummed, placing his hand on the back of her seat to look back, backing up out of the parking lot. "Hungry?"

"Tired." Sam corrected him. "But, I can eat."

"Fantastic." he hummed, turning back in the seat and gripping onto the wheel. "So, I found something out."

"What?" Sam leaned her head back, looking his way.

"My mom use to date your dad right before college." Bryce looked over with a comic laugh. "I was digging through her yearbooks and found these pictures of them when they were younger."

"Are you kidding?" Sam laughed, scrunching her face. "That seems so weird."

"I know." Bryce had to agree. "I wanna ask what happened but she seems to shut me down when I bring it up."

"My dad never talks about any of his ex's aside from this Ali girl." she said in return, looking out the window slightly. "I wonder if your mom was such a jerk like you."