xxiii. 𝐢'𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

Bryce gave the door a harsh shove as the morning sky had been rising

Bryce gave the door a harsh shove as the morning sky had been rising. After driving many hours, they'd made it. His blue eyes looked around the house he'd always loved so much. "Samantha LaRusso, care to inform me on what the first thing you want to do?"

"There's no way." Sam stared around the house she'd just been at a few weeks ago. The old, beat down house, that needed a lot of work, but she'd loved so much. The house her and Bryce were devastated to see go off the market, just to find out his grandparents purchased it because their oldest grandchild liked it so much. "Oh my god!"

"I don't think it's fully set in yet." Bryce smiled as Picasso ran past his legs. "This is literally our house!"

"Your house, actually." Sam corrected with a knowing look over her shoulder.

"Nu-uh." he shook his head, lifting her off the ground in a hug. "Our house! One more year of high school, then college with our house."

"I did apply for Pomona." Sam pointed out with a half grin. "That's only forty minutes from here."

"See." Bryce pointed out, dropping on one knee. "Sam, do me the honors of moving in with me a year from now?"

"Hum, I don't know." she teased with a finger on her chin. "You gonna put a ring on this finger?"

They both laughed at her soap opera impression. Bryce stood up and pulled her into a hug again. "You don't think we'll break up before then, so you?"

"No." Sam hugged him back. "Well, as long as you don't mess it up."

He had to laugh, rubbing the back of her head. "Yeah, i'll try my hardest."

"You better." Sam smiled. "I can't believe they bought this for you."

"I know." he inhaled deeply. "Any ideas?"

Sam pulled back and looked around. "Well, the outside is pretty elegant looking."

"So, should we stick with that or go a different route?" he rose his eyebrows at her.

"Maybe both?" Sam suggested. "Marble countertops, but wooden floors."

"I like the wooden look." Bryce agreed. "Samantha, oh my god!"

"How are we even gonna afford this?" Sam yelled out after when Bryce tossed her over his shoulder, laughing. "Where are we going?"

"Let's rob a bank." he pushed the door open. "Let's rob your Dad!"

"Oh my god." Sam laughed loudly, bouncing as he jogged down the dock. "I'm not sure how my Dad would feel about us robbing him."

"You think this means we have to get jobs?" he paused at the end of the dock, holding onto her legs more. "And do it our selves instead of paying workers?"

"We do have the whole summer." Sam admitted.

"You're right." he agreed before jumping off, taking them both under the lake water. He let Sam go when they both went under water, swimming up first before she followed. "How was that for the first day of summer?"