Chapter 13 - Love-Struck Fool

It happened again. This dream, this nightmare. All those who I had killed, pulling me down into an abyss of my own creation.

 Just as it was about to reach the worst part, I heard a gentle melody. Though it sounded gentle, it had the power to drive all those spirits away, freeing me from their hands.

 Even though I had a nightmare, I somehow woke up feeling refreshed. I looked around, remembering where I was.

 I have to say, this place is a lot more beautiful if you look at it in the morning, or should I say noon. I woke up quite late again, didn't I?

"Oh, so you're awake." A deep voice sounded behind me.

 I turned around to see who it was, only to be met by a man, whose looks could compare with Morax.

 Long light blue hair, turning darker towards the ends, and a pair of turquoise eyes. He was wearing a dark blue and white hanfu (traditional Chinese clothing) tied loosely around his waist.

 What took most of my attention, however, were not his looks, but the familiar emerald green spear, he was holding.

 He also seemed to notice my attention on the spear, as he took a few steps closer and handed it back to me.

 "I took the liberty to take a look at it while you were sleeping. Morax's craftsmanship is one of the best after all."

 "It's okay, I guess, but who are you?" His aura seemed familiar, but I'm sure I've never met him before.

 "Ah, that's right, you've never seen this form of mine before. My name is Dvalin, does that help?"

 "You-you're..." 

 He is that giant dragon who nearly killed me last night?!

 "I'm indeed the dragon who almost killed you last night."

 "How did you...?"

 "Your thoughts are written on your face." He laughed, sitting down next to me.

 "Oh. I'm Xiao, by the way."

 "Oh I know, believe me. That love-struck fool has been telling me all about you for years." He let out an annoyed sigh.

 "By love-struck fool, you mean Venti?"

 "Who else? Other people would have at least confessed by now, but not him, no, he just talks about you, a lot. I was fine with it at first, like, let him let it out, but three years is a little too much, even for me!"

 "Three years..."

 I was in a daze for a moment. Morax did say he has been following me around for the past year, but he said nothing about three!

 "...so you two should really talk it out." Dvalin continued talking while I was in a daze and I only caught the end of the sentence.

 "That's why I came here in the first place. But, on that note, where is he?" 

 I noticed it earlier too. Although Dvalin was still here, Venti on the other hand was nowhere to be seen.

 "He said he would go get breakfast before you wake up. He should be coming back by now."

 "And back I am indeed!" A cheerful voice came from behind us.

 Venti came walking with three large bags in his hands.

 "Good morning, Xiao!"

 "Good morning, Venti."

 "I got us breakfast." He held up the bags.