Side story 15 - Drunken habits

Request from OneCrimsonSky 

I feel like I missed a whole bunch of requests, so if you ever requested anything that has yet to be written, please write a reply under it so I can find them. Something along the lines of Unseen request will do.

Xiao's POV

 "Well, if it isn't my favorite gloomy adeptus."

 "Well, if it isn't my least favorite weakling of a harbinger." I retorted.

 "You want to fight?"

 "I believe you've lost more than one of those already. Just how many times are you going to attempt it?"

 "As many times as I can." He grinned.

 Oh, how I would love to wipe that grin off his face.

 What the hell is he doing here anyway?

 And...

 "How did you get in here?"

 This was Istaroth's place. How the hell did Childe get in here?

 "I was invited. Well, actually, I was kidnapped with debatable consent on my part."

 The way you're sitting there drinking whatever the hell you're drinking, tells me that you've pretty much consented to this so-called kidnapping.

 "So... Who is the lady?"

 "Excuse me?"

 "The one that killed off my target, grabbed me, and threw me in here, wherever this may be."

 Well...

 "I'm not sure I can tell you. I shouldn't even be here right now."

 If it wasn't for Venti asking I-

 "So this isn't your house."

 "My house?"

 Where did he get that idea?

 "Since no one seems to know where you and your boyfriend live, I presumed something like this would be the right answer."

 "That's insulting."

 Just looking around...

 Istaroth still hadn't cleaned up the mess that was left behind.

 Papers and research material everywhere, now topped off with even more notes on research into homunculi, courtesy of Albedo.

 The only thing that happened here since she returned is the multiplying of piles of... everything.

 "Do you look down on me this much? Really?"

 This mess? My house?

 "I thought it might be some sort of archon habit." She shrugged his shoulders.

 "What?"

 "Zhongli tends to create a similar mess once he gets into something too deeply. He always cleans it up in the end, but there are moments when a room or even multiple of them are in a similar state to this one."

 Morax does...this?

 Well, this is something I would have never expected from someone as organized as him.

 "Well, whatever. If this isn't your house, then tell me, what are you doing in the house of my kidnapper?"

 Kidnapper...