Chapter 51 - Tastes Great

Xiao's POV

 "Okay, last question. What's in the bag." She looked curiously a the bag next to me.

 "I did see some food, as for other things..." I haven't really checked.

 Curious, I grabbed the bag and took out the two lunchboxes. This in turn revealed the things under them.

 "Two letters and... a rock?" Yoimiya looked at the green rock with stupefaction.

 "This should be a sound recording, as for the letters..."

 One of them had my name on it, the other one however had an unfamiliar name.

 "Divine Preistess Sangonomiya Kokomi?" I have no idea who this person is, moreover, I don't think that this is Venti's handwriting in the first place.

 "Sangonomiya Kokomi in the Diving Priestess of Watatsumi island, the place where we're going." Yoimiya explained.

 "What kind of place is it anyway? Watatsumi island I mean." I did agree to go, but why would Venti want me to go there in the first place?

 "Well, the most notable thing, is probably the gate to Enkanomiya, but the island itself has a lot of history."

 Enkanomiya? Isn't that Istaroth's...

 "Maybe you should read your own letter first. It might tell you something."

 "Yeah, you're right."

  Dear Xiao,

I'm writing this letter just in case something happened and the two of us were separated during our stay in Inazuma.

 If that were to happen, I'll probably find a way to send you to Watatsumi island. There's a place you can stay there. You should be able to find it if you follow the wind.

 I also included a letter written by Istaroth. She said I should deliver it when Sangonomiya Kokomi took her first big steps as Divine Priestess. From my perspective, standing up to Ei is as big a step as any, so giving it to her now, should be no problem.

 As for the sound crystal... You should listen to it when you think you need it. You'll know when the time comes, don't worry about it.

 Also, don't forget to rest enough and eat properly. Don't get into unnecessary fights, Inazuma's people can protect their own homes. Above all, stay out of danger and don't get hurt.

 I'll come back as soon as I can!

  Love you!        

 Venti

Ps. The food should still be fresh. I made the boxes just for that, so eat when you're hungry.

 I put down the letter and looked at the sound crystal.

 I should probably keep this somewhere safe.

 I put it in my most hidden pocket, making sure it had no way to fall out.

 Next, I looked at the door boxes. I opened his first, and to no surprise, it was filled to brim with almond tofu. As for Noelle's...

 "Wow, these look great!"

 She was right, they did.

 "You want some?"

 "Can I? Won't you be hungry later?"