Chapter 56 - The letter

Xiao's POV

 "Please tell me this is not what I think it is." Kokomi muttered.

 It's probably worse, actually. But I couldn't say that to her.

 I have to find a way to solve this before the infected start attacking the sane ones...

 Wait. How are these guys still fine?

 I looked back at the group, but aside from the shocked and worried looks on their faces, they seemed fine. 

 "How the hell are you still fine?" before I knew it, I had already voiced my question.

 "Shouldn't we be fine? We had no way of getting hurt thanks to the shield." Yoimiya looked at me confused.

 "I meant, how are you not affected by that at all?" I pointed at the dark fog.

 "Visions, maybe?"

 Yes, they indeed all have visions, but that shouldn't matter...

 "Xiao."

 "Captain Beidou?"

 "This kind of dark aura... You have it too, don't you?"

 "I do."

 "So is it possible that Venti did something to prevent us from being affected by it since we were going to be around you for a while?"

 Was it possible? The idea was, but actually executing it would be...

 Now that I think about it, the people in Mondstadt didn't have any problems either. Maybe he did do something.

 "Possibly."

 But what about Kokomi? She's strangely immune to it.

 "So, since we got that out of the way, why don't you explain this situation to us?" She asked.

 "It seems like that so-called ruin those researchers found, was actually the place where Bosacius sealed Orobashi's lingering hatred. Whatever those researchers did broke that seal, resulting in all the built-up hatred exploding onto Watatsumi island."

 "Is there a way to get rid of it?" Kokomi was surprisingly coolheaded.

 "Get rid of it? That would be impossible in the current situation even if we had two more yakshas here. Resealing it, on the other hand, might still be possible."

 There's a small chance, but maybe...

 "How do we do that?"

 "'We' won't be doing anything. There's no way I'll let you anywhere near that place."

 "But-"

 "If you really want to do something, get me some paper and ink."

 "I have some inside!"

 Soon Kokomi returned with a large set of papers, a brush, and an inkstone.

  "What are you making?" Kazuha asked as I grabbed the pile of papers.

 "Let me borrow your sword for a moment."

 "Sure?" Though he looked uncertain, he still gave me his sword.

 How long has it been since I had to make these? A thousand years? Maybe longer.

 With Kazuha's sword, I cut the papers into a familiar shape and grabbed the brush.

 "So, will you tell us what you're doing?"

 "I'm making adepti sigils." Trying to, anyway.

 "Those things that were used for the Jase Chamber?" Beidou questioned.