Chapter 41 - Home

Xiao's POV

 Today had been quite the long day.

 After leaving Wolvendom, we went to check up on Razor, who by that time, was already completely healed.

 While we were there, Venti was pulled aside by Barbara and scolded quite severely for something about breaking a lyre. In the meantime, I was stared at suspiciously by Razor who was trying to figure out how in the world I grew up so fast.

 All that might have been tiring, but what I was truly worried about only came after.

 "So, Xiao, do you really not remember anything since the incident on Mt. Aocang?"

 "Nothing at all," I answered as firmly as I could.

 "Really?"

 "Why? Did I do something weird while I was a kid?"

 "Well... you did call me papa that one time."

 God damn it! He brought up my shamefully past.

 "Tha-that... isn't that normal, coming from a kid?"

 "It's not that it isn't normal, but still..."

 "Forget it! Please, just forget it!"

 If he brings it up one more time I might just die out of shame.

 "Okay!"

 "Huh?"

 "I'll just forget it!"

 That easy? I thought he would tease me about it forever.

 "Instead, let's talk about how clingy you have been all day..."

 "Venti!"

 "Hehe!"

 And just like that, the conversation I was so worried about passed without a hitch.

 It's a pity that Xiao didn't notice the light flashing in Venti's eyes during their conversation. Well, he couldn't be blamed, the light went as fast as it came, even if he was actively paying attention, he might have still missed it.

 After all that had happened yesterday, we decided to push Diluc's matter over to today. And that's how we ended up at the winery, with Venti getting glared at by Diluc.

 "Why are you here? If this is your attempt to steal wine, it's a very bad one."

 "I'm not here to steal wine this time-"

 "This time?" Diluc raised an eyebrow.

 It seems Venti was caught.

 "Le-let's forget that. I'm here about your request you had for Jean."

 "My request? Ah, that matter. There's indeed something, but I don't remember informing you about it."

 "We're running some errands for Jean..."

 "Oh, are you now?" He turned away from Venti to me, his intent was obvious.

 "He's telling the truth," I assured him.

 "If that's the case then come in."

 Like that, we finally manage to actually enter the winery.

 "So, what was that request about?" Venti asked.

 "Well, I wouldn't really call it something you would do while running errands so maybe I should just talk to Jean-"

 "Just what is it?"