10k one shot

Luz's POV

"So, this is what dating a world famous actress is like... totally overrated" I stated turning to Amity. "Wha-" she was about to say something but I cut her off "I'd rather date you, not some shallow idea of what you should be. I've seen you with your friends, you're fierce, smart, and a natural born leader. I want to get to know that side of you, not just another one of the characters you play." I stated turning towards her, I noticed her face was super red. 'Oh no did I say something wrong' I think to myself.

"I'm sorry, did I make you mad. It's okay if you're not ready, I was just trying to say that I want get to know the real you better and-" Amity covered my mouth with her hand to get me to stop talking. "Let's go on a date" she said getting close to my face making me blush. Still unable to talk, I nodded my head frantically, and Amity laughed at me. She took her hand off my mouth and started running to her garage. I stumbled a little as I got off her couch, tripping on my blanket that was now on the floor.

"Hold up you meant now" I said struggling to catch up to her, not wanting to get lost in her huge house. "Yeah, is that a problem" she asked slowing down a little. "Not in a million years" I said speeding up and so did she. When we made it to the garage I was blown away by how many cars she had. The garage was like something you'd see in a video game, or a movie. Amity grabbed her keys before saying,"most of the cars are Ed and Em's, they normally just use it to flex, or for you tube videos." I just nodded still in utter shock as we walked over to her car.

"You know I never got to do this before" I said getting in the passenger seat. "You've never got to sit in the passenger seat of a super expensive car, before going on a date with your super famous girlfriend before?" She asked with a chuckle "Well yes, but what I meant was, I never really got to go on dates, or ride in my friends car. You know, regular teenage stuff" I stated putting on my seat belt.

"Yeah same," Amity replied, making me curious "really why?"  I  asked interested in her back story, "my, uh... mother had me start acting when I was really young. Most of the time it was either back to back additions or cramming twelve years of school in a couple days. Boscha was really the only friend I had. I know everyone thinks being famous is awesome and everything but as a child it can be very stressful. You must think I sound so entitled-" I cut her off with a hug.

"Never invalidate your feelings, that must have been so hard and stressful for you." I stated my arms still wrapped around her, and I could feel my shirt get a little wet, but I couldn’t care less. "I've never really told anyone about that, and even when I did they'd just say things like. 'You should be thankful for what she's doing for you' or 'your lucky you even have this chance.' She explained making my blood boil, "I don't know your mother so I can't speak on her. However, you shouldn't have been forced to fulfill so many high expectations at such a young age." I stated unable to relate to what she was going through.

"What about you, why did you never do things like this" Amity asked laying her head on my shoulder. "Well, let’s just say I didn't really fit the criteria. I never really fit in anywhere, and my class mates would always avoid me. After a year or two the days seemed to blur together and I pretty much begin to feel numb to it all. I tried to teach myself how to not let it get to me, but sadly that was impossible, so instead I learned how to make it appear like I was fine, even though sometimes, I would come home with a horrible mental state." I said about to have a literal mental breakdown, "you know it's kinda funny, you never got to have a childhood because of all the pressure that was put on you. And I am crying abut high school," I stated wiping a tear from my eye.

"Ha who's the entitled one now" I said with a  weak laugh as I tried to wipe more tears out my eye. Amity tackled me in a hug "you said it yourself, don't invalidate your feelings. You have just as much of a right to feel sad as anyone else, including me." She stated, and instead of going out on a picnic or to a movie we just sat in her car and talked. I will forever keep this memory from my week in LA.