Chapter [23]

Amity’s POV

I walked into the house following Gabriel and Luz. “Hey there Blight” an older woman said from that kitchen. “Good afternoon ma’am” I replied politely as it was about 12 at this point. “Please just call me Eda” she replied “now me and Raine have some work to do and Luz, you need to watch the Collector.” Eda stated causing the person in question to groan “but I’m horrible with kids” she complained, but I got the feeling it was a lie. “Well then I’m sure your girlfriend will help” said a different voice ‘Raine I’m guessing?’ that made us both blush as the couple walked away.

“So uh what do you want to do?” Luz asked taking a seat at the bottom of the couch instead of actually sitting on it. I could feel myself smiled a bit not exactly understanding why something as small as that intrigued me so much. I suppose everything Luz did intrigued me quite a bit. I mean I’ve had crushes before… sort of, well not really maybe it’d be a scene getting a bit too real, or maybe I’d just get a bit too in character but I’ve had crushes before right? I mean that does count right? And I mean it’s not like I’ve ever had the chance to fall in love before. ‘Wait what?’ Love? I’m not in love. Am I? No of course not she’s just a fan and this is just intrigue. At most a crush.

“Amity? Hello anyone home?” Luz said bringing me back to reality. She was close to my face trying to se any signs of a reaction to her snaps. ‘Too close’ I thought as I fell back in surprise with a blush. “Sorry you just seemed out of it for a sec” Luz stated apologizing for startling me. “It’s Okay I was just uh.. thinking about something” I stated “oh really? Do tell” Luz asked in curiosity making me chuckle nervously. “I was just thinking about how much trouble we’ll be in if we don’t memorize our lines” I lied trying to get her to believe me.  She stared at me suspiciously making my face get hot before she grinned. “You’re right! We should probably practice later” Luz said turning her attention back to Gabriel who was playing with some dolls.

“What are you playing Collector?” Luz asked causing the child to grin wildly. “The Owl House!!” they replied excitedly “see, that’s you, and that’s Ms. Amity, and that’s Ms. Eda, and that’s O’pa Raine, and this is me and King.” Gabriel said pointing to all his dolls “oh really? So what are we doing now?” I asked “well right now you and Ms. Luz are trapped by the evil Philip. But don’t worry me and King are going to save you!!” He said excitedly Luz glanced at me at the Philip comment and I was finally able to put two and two together. Darius had mentioned once or twice that Philip had fostered a son about a year or two ago. Supposedly to fix his image, but it barely made headlines and well… that’s all I really overheard. I suddenly started getting a bad feeling about why Philip isn’t watching his child right now.

“Hey Luz? I wanted to read a story but I don’t think the Collector would want to hear it.” I stated turning to my co-star she was confused for a second but suddenly started grinning at what I was getting at. “Aww bummer I really like that book too” Luz replied. “Wait what book? I want to hear the book.” Gabriel stated “such a shame, if only the Collectors liked to read” I said with a dramatic sigh. “I would have done my monster voice and everything” Luz stated. “There’s a monster? Wait Wait, I as The Collector command you to read me your story.” Gabriel stated causing me to smile “alright then Collector what type of story do you want us to read?” I asked with a smile as he thought for a moment “something cool and fun!!” he stated.

I turned to Luz “do we have something cool and fun?” I asked “that depends, does this go against our NDA?” She asked holding up our script “I mean technically we're just reading a story so I don’t see why it would.” I reasoned ‘what am I doing?’ “what do you think Collector? Want us to put on a show?” I asked and they nodded eagerly. “Okay then. Once upon a time..”

Luz’s POV

As me and Amity practiced our lines together it felt pretty incredible. We complemented each other so well and it was almost impossible not to silently squeal at some of the more flirty scenes. “I don’t trust you” I acted out in Jordan’s cold tone. “That’s probably for the best” Amity replied in Mya's usual smug nature. I couldn’t help but cringe at time to time as we censored some of our lines. The show is pg thirteen after all but still it was a lot of fun, but then came the line.

I had read it a thousand times, in fact I didn’t even need to look at the page to say them because I knew it by heart. I turned to Amity silently asking if we were going to skip this one but she just shrugged. “You should take off your mask” she states starting the interaction. I swallowed a little nervous we had never actually practiced this together before, but I mean it all pretend right? “Why would I” I replied know what comes next Amity’s eyes drifted away from my eyes just as the script instructed. I know what comes next “because I know you want to” Amity stated as she took a couple steps closer to me as we closed the gap between our lips. “Ewwwwww” Gabriel said as we broke apart causing us to laugh. “What you don’t like love stories?” Amity joked “No. I want to know how it ends” Gabriel replied pouting but we were already halfway through the script and not even we knew how it ended so we just shrugged. “It’s a secret” I stated and he crossed his arms with a pout.

Hey I'm back in honor of the anniversary of Kings Tide and I just felt like writing. I hope you enjoyed this and sorry they never played Mario cart.

Lumity forever

Be gay do witchcraft

Have a great day/morning/night

Peace ✌🏾 ✌🏾 ✌🏾

Also I met Sarah Nicole Robles and Rebecca Rose yesterday which was awesome. Okay for real now bye  👋