Chapter [8]

Amity’s POV

Luz and I are on a “date” I get butterflies just thinking about it. After I had a panic attack yesterday, I ran all the way back to the convention center to make sure Luz was okay. I saw her siblings trying to wake her up so I decided to help them out. But, they quickly stopped me, saying that if I was the first face she saw when she woke up, she’d just pass out again. So I decided to put Gus and the twins out of their misery after freshened up a little.

Anyway, back to the date, after brunch Luz insisted that we go to the park. And I knew the perfect place to go. I took her to this nice trail that was located at my favorite park. “Wow Amity, this place is amazing” Luz said looking around. “I’m glad you like It, I normally come to get away from everyone” I replied siting on one of the swings. “Oh, I’m sorry we could have gone somewhere else, I didn’t mean to intrude on your favorite spot.” Luz said sitting on the swing next to me, “no, you’re not intruding at all, I just meant that I’m busy a lot and people can be sort of overbearing.” I explained, “I get that, I know how ‘overbearing’ people can be.” Luz said her face darkening a little.

I didn’t want to pry so I just let it go, “tell me about yourself” I stated bluntly. “W-what” Luz replied taken aback by my request. “Where are you from, what is it like there, what are your hobbies, you know, random facts about yourself. I want to get to know you better, isn’t that what this date was about?” I asked blushing at the word date. “Oh, okay let’s see, I was born and raised in Connecticut. It’s really cold even in spring, but there is some cool site seeing spots if you’re ever in the neighborhood. When I’m bored, I like to watch Anime, read, and write, and that’s pretty much it, I’m pretty boring.” She stated scratching the back of her neck awkwardly.

“For the record, I don’t think you’re boring” I said with a smile. “Really? You don’t think I’m a dork” Luz asked skeptical, “no I definitely think you’re a dork, but in a cute way” I replied before going completely red. Luz smirked at how flustered I got “Oh, does The Amity Blight like dorks, well you just hit the jackpot. She said with a giggle causing my face to some how get even more red. “Shut up” I said playfully pushing her away. “Come on Amity, let me tell you my fan theories” Luz said making me laugh even harder.

After we stopped teasing each other we got up from the swings and continued to walk the path. “Do you have any pets?” Luz asked curious. “Well, I have a cat named Ghost” I said taking out my phone so she could see a picture. Her face somehow brightened even more at the sight of my kitten. “Oh, my God Amity they’re adorable” Luz said excitedly. “Well… maybe… uh… you can come over sometime to meet her” I stuttered out. “Really?” Luz asked “Yeah, we can call it a second date” I said my hands clenching on to my shirt. “Oh not, if you don’t want to… I mean we can but if you don’t want to we don’t have to-“ before I could say anything else, Luz cut me off. “I’d love to” she said intertwining her hand with mine.

So sorry for the long wait. I'm not even going to lie to you I wasn't busy I just didn't feel like writing. I also don't want to get burn out or anything, I just don't want writing to feel like a chore. Also in PE which I labeled as my designated writing time, my friend nade me actually work out. So blame them lol, anyway I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I know it's a shorter one. Have a great night/afternoon/morning peace ✌🏾✌🏾✌🏾