Chapter [16]

Luz POV

I laughed with my friends something Gus had said before taking a couple more bites of my dinner. It was just me, Gus, Matt, Willow, Vee, and Hunter. I was disappointed Amity couldn’t make it, but I was happy I got to spend my last night with my new friends. “So, tell us about the audition” Willow stated eagerly. “Well I think it went pretty well, but I signed an NDA so I can’t talk much about it.” I stated both excited and nervous about the audition.

“Aww c’mon, what’s the point of having my friend audition if I can’t hear any leaks." Gus replied wining a little as a joke, “the script wasn’t even that long, most of it was blacked out to keep important spoilers at bay.” I stated trying to explain that they only allowed me to read three or four lines from the script. Suddenly the entire restaurant seemed to shift its attention to the front peeking my interest.

“What do you think is going on over there” I asked noticing the group of people crowding the entrance. “I don’t know, maybe it’s a one millionth costumer type thing” Vee replied just as curious. “Ooh, I wonder if there will be confetti” Gus stated excitedly. We eagerly waited for the crowd to thin out so we could finally see what was happening. When finally people started heading back to their seats, revealing Boscha and the Blights.
“Hey guys sorry I’m late, Ed and Em wouldn’t let me leave without them, and Boscha really wanted to-"

“try the garlic bread” Boscha said cutting Amity off. “Here’s a flower for my flower” Boscha said handing Willow a daisy, which she reluctantly accepted. Amity took a seat next to me while the rest of them pulled up a chair. We spent the rest of the night just chilling and enjoying each others company. “It sucks you guys have to leave so soon, I’m sure you would’ve loved to meet our friends Viney and Jerbo, plus their puppy Barkus  is adorable. “Aww, I love dogs, maybe next time,” I stated in disappointment. It took me a moment to realize that I was currently making future plans with big time actors who probably should’ve been anywhere other than eating dinner with a bunch of nobodies.

“Ooh, we can start a group chat to stay in touch” Edric said excitedly, stunning everyone. “Yeah! Great idea Ed, we can add Viney and Jerbo too” Emira added with the same amount of enthusiasm while we were still trying to process the fact that they wanted to give us their number. “Hold up, slow down, you want to give us your number” I asked in disbelief. “Yeah sure, you already have Amity’s, Hunter already has Edric’s ,and Willow already has Boscha’s." Emira as if it was no big deal leaving me in utter shock that I’m the responsible one here. “firstly when did you give Hunter your number. Secondly you can’t give your number to a total stranger especially when you’re really well known and it could get leaked at any time. Shouldn’t you give us some sort of paperwork first or something?” I asked genuinely appalled by how they have survived for so long.

They stayed silent for a moment before Edric replied “but you guys didn’t leak it" causing me to facepalm. “look, I’m going to do this group chat because I want to stay in touch, but you guys have to promise not to give out your phone number to strangers unless you do a thorough background check from now on, deal" I asked with my hand extended. “deal” Amity replied shaking it, leaving me oddly disappointed when she let go.  After we all exchanged numbers, and continued to talk, but every now and then I’d find my eyes drifting towards Amity. Eventually we got kicked out because the restaurant closed, surprising us because we never noticed how much time was passing by.

As we walked out the restaurant I pulled out my phone to call an uber seeing as we couldn’t take Hunters car on the plane ride with us. I groaned as I looked at the closest one, it would take almost an hour to get here meaning we’d have to wait in the dark and in the heat. Amity must have noticed my annoyance because she began to walk over with a worried expression. “what’s wrong” she asked, calmly taking my hand in hers causing my entire body to almost shut down. “Oh, it’s nothing, just my uber won’t get here anytime soon” I stated causing her to frown. “I could give you guys a ride if you want” Amity offered without hesitation. ”Oh, I don’t want to bother you, we can wait” I insisted trying not to be a burden. “It’s no bother at all, c'mon I’m happy to help" Amity stated dragging me to her, and her siblings cars with my siblings in tow.
“Ed, Em, don’t wait up I’m going to drop Luz and her siblings off at their hotel before heading home.” Amity told her siblings, causing them to share a look I couldn’t quite read. “Oh, in that case we’ll come too. Hunter and Vee can ride with us” the twins said with a smile while said siblings just looked confused. “I’m fine with riding with the twins if you are” Vee said to Hunter who looked skeptical. Hunter may like Edric, but he is still technically a stranger even if  he’s known world wide. And I could tell he was skeptical of that “don’t worry, I promise we’ll get you all back safe, we are siblings too you know, we understand if you'd rather ride with your sister” Emira stated which I could tell helped calmed Hunter down. “Nah, it’s fine, I trust you guys” Hunter: said as we got into our respective vehicles and drove home. When we got back to the hotel Amity walked me to the entrance and wished me a goodnight before heading home.

Y'all reall quick disclaimer, don't get in strangers cars. The only reason They did was because A they had their phone with them. B if anything happened he had their phone numbers in case the police needed to trace them. And C knowing Hunter he probably memorized both of the cars licence plate numbers the second they got in. Now for my A/N sup guys what did you think? And no I'm not dead (again) and my phone is about to die so have a great day/morning/night peace ✌🏽✌🏽✌🏽

Be gay do witchcraft