Chapter [7]

Luz’s POV

Yesterday was absolutely crazy, I mean I was passed out for the truly bizarre parts, but the parts I was awake for were pretty cool too. According to Hunter, while I was passed out Gus, and the Blight twins failed miserably at an attempt to do a magic act. And Willow spent I whole 3 hours explaining to Boscha why her idea was so dumb.  Today me and Amity are going on our first date, and I'm about to physically die of excitement. We’re not dating or anything like that, but she wanted to get to know me better. Apparently while I was out, Vee gave her my number, and we agreed to meet up at a local café and see were it goes from there.

I looked through my clothes for a cute outfit, before settling on some Jean shorts, a blue t-shirt, and my black and blue Vans. After I got dressed, I walked out the hotel, while putting the address to the café in my phone. The café looked really good, and it only opened about a year ago. When I walked in I scanned the tables for Amity. I eventually found her trying not to look suspicious in the corner, but that’s hat and sunglasses wasn’t fooling anyone. “Hey, hope I didn’t keep you waiting” I said as I sat down in front of her, “Luz! How’d you know it was me” she replied in a hushed tone, whisper yelling my name.

“Did you really think, a hat and sunglasses, would stop me from seeing your beautiful face.” I stated before quickly apologizing for what I said, ”I’m so sorry, it kind of slipped out”. “It’s okay, you don’t have to apologize, thanks for the compliment” Amity said, her face a little red. “Are you ready to order” the waitress said coming over to our table “Willow!?” I state in surprise “Luz! Ami-“ I slid my hand over my neck pleading for her to not to expose us. “-lIa,” she stated understanding what I was trying to say and sending me a wink. “So, what do you have taste for today, can I start you off with some drinks?” She asked nicely as we looked at the menu “uh, I’ll have the Mango Green Tea Boba in a medium please” I replied. “And I’ll have, the brown sugar boba milk tea” Amity stated putting her menu down, “why didn’t you just get ice coffee?”

I asked knowing that it just taste like a sweeter version of ice coffee. She hesitated for a moment before replying “I don’t really like coffee, plus the tea tastes better” I just shrugged not really able to argue with that. We talked for a little more before our drinks came back, “so you’re telling me you do all your own stunts?” I asked taking a sip from my drink, “yep 5 years of gymnastics and 3 years of dance really come in handy” she replied with a chuckle. “That’s so cool especially since, at one point, you fell off a sky scraper” I stated in awe, and she just laughed. “It wasn’t that bad” the real problem was when I had to jump off like 50 times because it didn’t look realistic enough.” She stated annoyed making us both laugh “what’s one thing you’ve always wanted to do?” I asked interested in her answer. “I don’t know I’ve never really thought about that” Amity said taking some time to think about her answer.

“I guess bungee jumping, I’ve also always wanted to perform an original song” she stated after thinking about it for a while. It was common knowledge that Amity could sing, but she didn’t do it often. In fact if you look up ‘Amity Blight singing’ barely anything would show up, even the clips were she’s singing in a movie were taken down. If you wanted to hear her sing you would have to re-watch the exact movie she sung in. Of course I never minded, she has a beautiful singing voice and I would watch even the worst movies a thousand times over to hear it.

“You’ve never bungee jumping before” I asked a little surprised, “I mean, I guess some of my stunts can technically be classified as bungee jumping, but other than that no.” She stated  thinking about her answer “Oh, okay also I didn’t know you wrote music” I said. “I mean it’s just a hobby, it’s not like I can make a career out of it.” She said confusing me “why not” I asked “It’s just… I don’t want to talk about it” she said and as much as I wanted to pry, I didn’t. “Well you have an amazing singing voice” I said making her blush. “Uh, thanks, maybe I can sing you something later,” she offered as a blush made its way to my face. “I’d love that” I said with a smile  and she smiled back.

Just then, Willow came back with our food “thanks Willow,” I said as she handed me a pastry and a cake pop. “Yeah, thanks Willow” Amity said as Willow handed her a salad. “You’re welcome” Willow replied with a smile before walking away to help someone else. “Wow, someone has a sweet tooth” Amity said eyeing my breakfast "Hey, don’t judge me Ms. Blight, I’m on vacation.” She put her hands up in surrender “no judgment here I’m just making an observation” she replied making us both laugh. After we ate Amity paid for breakfast despite my many protest, so I left the tip and left the café. “So where to next” I asked looking at the huge city in front of us.