Chapter [26]

‘Mom’

The thought passed through like poison to my brain. She wasn’t supposed to be here, we had a deal. She turned us into actors, and shipped us to L.A. We get our freedom and she gets the satisfaction that even hundreds of miles away we’re still stuck doing her bidding, what we were born for. That was the deal. I hated her, I hated her because there was no way put of it. Everything in my life lead to this. I didn’t have school, I  had study halls, I didn’t have recess I had rehearsals, and I didn’t have a life I had a predetermined path of greatness.

“why are you here” I questioned anger evident in my speech. Because of her there are strangers who know me better then I know myself. Because of her, I was forced into becoming someone I never was. The smug smile on her face made me sick. “I’m just here on a visit dear, Alador was adamant about heading to LA for a few days. I told him we had no reason to, but you know your father.” I knew what she was doing, so did the others. I could feel Luz tense as she grabbed my hand. It didn’t go unnoticed to Odalia of course but she stayed silent for now.

“Dad's here” I asked a speck of hope making it’s home in my words. “Yeah, he said he wanted to visit a friend  or something” she replied nonchalantly. “but, don’t worry, I’m sure he can find some way to make time for you and the twins.” My face dropped at her wording, I knew she was probably lying, I knew that he could’ve came to visit us, but that didn’t make it hurt any less. “Welp, I’d love to chat more but If I waist anymore time I’m afraid I’ll be late for something important” Odalia says in a tone as fake as her lashes as she made her leave.

I was going to run after her, she’s a liar, a manipulator she ruined my life. Aren’t I important don’t I deserve a an apology. I could feel arms grab on to me as I tried to run. I had to resist, she deserved to know how she made me hurt, I hate her, I fucking hate her. Dad, Ed, Em, she ruined us all, we ruined  each other. It’s all her fault. I never had  a childhood, I never had friends, I hated myself.  She needed to pay, I wanted her to pay. It’s not fair. “Amity, Amity breathe.” The familiar voice guided me back to the present. Away from her ‘talks’ away from their ‘pranks’ away from that life. I stopped struggling and turned to the one who had me trapped within her arms. I didn’t say anything for a second as she quickly let go with an apology, and as my eyes start to water. I couldn’t do it.

I grabbed on to her without thinking as the tears flowed freely. I could feel Luz’s arms tighten around my frame as she told Jerbo to get my siblings.