Chapter [21]

Willow's POV

Me, Hunter and Gus had just came out of the movies after watching the new Cosmic Frontier remake. The boys were chatting excitedly behind me as I checked the fifty new texts from the group.

Emira: Guys!! News!!

Edric: Ooh let me guess mittens and Luz are on TV again

Jerbo: Twice in one day? Impressive

Amity: I will kill all of you

Amity: Luz said threats are mean so sorry I guess

Boscha: Awwww isn't that so sweet

Amity: 🖕🏽

Willow: Guys focus news

Emira: Oh right

Emira: So it turns out Vee has a crush

"What!!" I could hear Hunter scream from my right since he was reading over my shoulder. "Who is this person!? I need to do a background check right now." He said angrily tapping his phone probably texting one of his sisters. "Before you go full older brother mode can we meet up with lumity first?" I asked causing a "wha-" in response. "Luz and Amity's ship name" Gus explained "and you're right let's go I'm starving" he added and Hunter just sighed in defeat.

Many hours later

Vee's POV

It was getting really late and I was kind of exhausted so I decided it was time for me to take my leave. "Hey I think I'm gonna head out" I said, but it came out a lot more grogaly than I had planned. "You sound exhausted, are you sure you want to head out now?" Masha asked and I just waved them off in reply. "Yeah I'm fine" I replied as I stumbled out of my seat in the library. "Yeah I can't let you leave like this, you're literally a zombie right now" they stated. "No Mashy I'm fine" I replied before I realized what I had said "Sorry" I quickly stated as I noticed their stunned and slightly red expression. "it's fine, but I'm driving you home tonight" they replied grabbing their keys.

I was about to protest when I realized I could barely keep my eyes open so I just nodded. "That's what I thought, now come on sleepy head. I got you" they promised as they practically carried me to their car, "thanks you" I mumbled as I fell asleep.

Masha POV

"What was that?" I replied as I turned to the sleepy teen next to me, but they were already knocked out. 'Some things never change' I think to myself as I remembered those times Vee and I would have sleepovers. She used to try to stay up all night only to turn into an adorable incoherent pile of mush by one. It was always one of my favorite parts of those nights. I could feel a small smile spread across my face as I stared at my friends sleepiness.

Luckily I didn't have to wake them up since she had already told me where she was staying so I just put the hotel in my GPS. I missed Vee a lot but ever since I moved to L.A sophomore year we kind of fell out of touch. Letting that happen the worst mistake of my life. Eventually I made it to the hotel which meant I sadly had to wake them up. "Vee" I said with a nudge "we're here" I stated causing them to grogaly sit back up. "Huh? Oh" she said still half asleep "I was hoping I'd stay with you" she mumbled obviously oblivious to what they had just said.

I however turned into a complete tomato "it's time to go" I stated trying to coax her out of the car. And trying to contain the urge to just take them home with me and deal with her siblings wrath later. "Five more minutes Mashy" she replied 'omg I'm so In love with you' my thoughts answered as I grabbed Vee's phone to call her brother. The phone rang for a millisecond before a guy voice answered in a mix of panic and anger.

'Vee!! Where have you been it's 11pm and you missed dinner' I winced at he volume and turned to Vee. Hoping it didn't wake the girl who had already fallen back to sleep. "I'm not Vee, it's Masha" I whispered already knowing that wouldn't make things better. 'Masha!! Where the hell is my sister!? What did you do' he asked already suspecting me of causing trouble. "Missed you too Hunty" I replied still whispering to piss him off. "Your sister's down here" I added so that he could come get her.

'Is she injured?' He asked still worried "nope just really sleepy, and I didn't want her to leave this late like that." I explained 'and I'm guessing by the whispering and me needing to come down there she's knocked out and clingy?' Hunter asked knowing his sister well "possibly" I replied and I could hear a sigh come from his end 'I'll be down in a second' he replied 'oh and, thanks for taking care of my sister' he added sounding genuine for once. "You know I'd never let anything happen to her" I replied and ended the call.

Not long after I caught a glimpse of Hunter coming out of the building. He quickly walked over to the car causing me to wake Vee up again so that he could open the door. "Time to go" I stated as she sat up getting intense deja vu "noooooo" she responded her word dragging out in protest. "Yes little sis, time to go in side" Hunter stated as he opened the door. "No I wanna stay with Mashy" she stated the words seeming to tumble out of her mouth with out any filter. She looked so adorable.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. You can bother Mashy later" Hunter replied obviously making fun of my new nickname as he picked Vee up. "Tell sleeping beauty to text me when she wakes up, later dork" I said as handing Hunter Vee's phone. "Sure thing Mashy" he replied causing me to flip him off before I drove away.

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. Here's a PSA for all my toh fans out there. If I find out Watching and Dreaming gets leaked I will kms, kill them, and then never finish another toh project again okay 😁?

Glad we agree

Now as for a short A/N this was totally not inspired by the fact I tend to become incoherent and clingy when I'm tired. I could never. Also to be clear Mashy is pronounced likes Masha just with a y instead of an A so
N

ot like mash if that makes sense. Probably not but I don't care. To be honest I got this idea because I saw a comment earlier where I made a typo and well here we are so uhm have a great day/morning/night

Be gay do witchcraft bye, ✌🏾✌🏾✌🏾