NaoReko

Idfc that its spring and this story takes place in the winter. Also, sorry if you don't celebrate christmas. Originally I was going to make it a birthday but none of their birthdays were really in the winter so yeah.
Non-Death Game AU
Anyways, enjoy!

Nao stepped back to look at her painting, before promptly throwing it in the trash, adding another canvas to the 'failed' paintings pile. Suddenly, Nao heard a ding dong, bing bong. (!) She rushed to the door and saw her girlfriend, Reko, standing there. "Oh, Reko! I-I wasn't expecting to see you here."
"Well, I was texting you and you never answered. Did you not realize it was snowing and shit?".
"No, I was kind of busy..."
"Geez, you didn't even know it was snowing? Then c'mon! Stop being a damn hermit!"

Reko took Nao's hand and led her outside. "Look, snow!" exclaimed Reko.
Reko let go of Nao's hand and ran away, leaving Nao to stand there. Reko leaned over and started to make a snowball. "Please don't throw tha-"
Nao was cut off by a snowball hitting her face. She was about to yell when another snowball zoomed past her head. "Hey! Stop that!"
Reko giggled childishly and threw another one. "I warned you to stop!"

Nao sat down and started to make her ammunition. "Huh? Whatcha doin'?"
Nao stood up, snowball in hand. She gathered all her energy, then threw the snowball. Though Naos throw was weak, it still hit Reko's abdomen, and she fell over laughing. "R-Reko! Are you okay?"
"Its just -hehe- your throw is so -hehe- weak!"
Reko burst out into more laughter.
"H-Hey!"
Reko's laughing subsided a little, but she was still giggling. "Your throw is so cute too."
Nao smiled. "I love you Reko."
"I love you too, dipshit."

-Time Skip-

Nao carefully stroked the painting with her paintbrush. She didn't want to ruin it; this painting was her best one yet. She cautiously added the last part of Reko's chocolatey brown hair. Everything about this painting was perfect: her delicate porcelain skin, her silky smooth tomboyish hair, her gray eyes surrounded by her flamboyant eyeliner, and her punk rock outfit. Nao attentively picked up the painting and set it out to dry. 'Nao (puns!), if only I could find the right wrapping paper...'
Nao dug through her craft supply box and pulled out the perfect wrapping paper.

After the painting was dry, Nao carefully wrapped up the gift. 'Perfect! I hope Reko will like this.'

-Time Skip-

"Happy birthday, Reko."
Despite Nao's perfect gift, she was still kind of nervous. She timidly handed Reko the present. Reko said nothing, only giving a big smile in response. She unwrapped the gift, and her smile grew bigger. "Nao- This is- AMAZING! You're so good at painting! This makes my gift look like trash..."
"I'm sure your gift is amazing too!".

Reko handed Nao her gift. "I know I didn't need to, but I felt like I should so... here." The redhead quickly ripped it open. The gift was a painting of Nao. Her features were oversimplified, and there was no background. You could easily see the white canvas. However, it made Nao smile more than she ever had. "Reko, I love this so much!"

Reko's face lit up and hugged Nao.
"Happy birthday, Reko."
"Y'know what? Happy birthday to you too, Nao."

The End

Final word count: 561 words