Rio Ranger x Suicidal! Reader

TW: Attempted suicide, mentions of self-harming
HAPPY EARLY 4/20!
Also before you ask—No, im not okay.
Non-Death Game AU (ranger is human in this too)
Anyways, enjoy!

You slowly walked to the bathroom, your knife concealed behind your back. You opened the door, then quickly shut it so nobody would see. Once you felt it was safe enough, you rolled up your sleeves, taking the time to count the numerous scars you had added. You sat the knife down on the sink counter before taking off your gloves. Underneath were a bunch of burn marks, ranging from large to small. You hadn't been wearing them until about a month ago; people were starting to catch on. Just saying that you had been cooking and burned your self wasn't sufficient anymore.

You sighed and picked up the knife, pressing your index finger against it until it bled. You lightly pressed the knife against your chest, but before you could do anything, the door burst open. "Hey bastard. Whatcha' doin'?"
Shocked, you dropped the knife, and it bounced harmlessly off your shoe. "Huh? Ya tryin' to kill yourself, bastard? That's dumb."

You nervously turned around to face Ranger. You leaned over and picked up the knife. "Please go..." you mumbled.
Ranger's expression mask changed to an angry one. "You ain't killin' yourself on my watch, bastard."
"Rio, you've known that I've been self-harming for a long time, and you didn't do anything...Why now? Why do you care now?"
"Killin' yourself and slicin' yourself aren't the same thing."
"But why do you care now?"
"Cuz'...Cuz I love ya, bastard. If it ain't killin' you, I ain't worried."

You dropped the knife again, and it landed right in between the both of you. "You...love me?"
"Tch, I just said that, bastard."
You could see that he was slightly blushing under his expression mask. You dove to hug him. He didn't hug you back, but he didn't push you away. "...You know I'm not a huggy person, bastard."
You let go of him and said "Thank you, Rio. You...saved me."
"Don't thank me, bastard." He turned to look to the other way and finished his statement. "You wouldn't suffer enough if you stabbed yourself."
"I know you don't mean that, Rio."
"Shut up."
"Thank you, Rio, for giving me a reason to live."
"Sh-Shut up, bastard!"

You hugged Rio again. This time, he put his arms around you.

The End

"Suicide is never the answer. You gotta outlive your enemies."

-Satan via Twitter

Final word count: 432 words