Kai Satou x Reader

Certified 100% angst free :-)
Non-Death Game AU
Anyways, enjoy!

You sat at the dining table, watching as your boyfriend, Kai, cooked dinner. He flipped chicken, chopped vegetables, and seasoned everything. Finally, he stuck the dish in the oven. "Now, we must wait." said Kai as he closed the oven door.

"What're we gonna do while we're waiting?" you asked.
"I'm not sure. What do couples usually do in their free time?"
"I think," you pressed your finger to your lip before continuing "that couples usually hug each other."
"Very well."

Kai walked over to where you were sitting and hugged you from behind. In response you gently grasped his arms, signaling him not to let go of you. Then, he rested his chin on top of your head, humming a tune. You were about to fall asleep when he let go of you. You lost your balance and fell backwards. Luckily, Kai was there to catch you--He immediately propped you back up.

"Are you okay?"
"Y-Yeah. That scared me." you mumbled.
"My apologies. I was getting a bit tired of standing."
"Oh, that makes sense. What do we now?"
"Well, what else do couples do?"
"Oh! I know! They dance! Couples dance! At least, in movies they do."
"Then let us dance."

Kai held as hand and asked "May I take this dance?"
"Of course!"
You stood up and bowed before putting your arms around his neck. "Are we gonna start out without music?"
Kai nodded and put his hands around your waist. You two moved in what was, very unperfect unison; You kept on stepping on his feet and tripping. Eventually, you both gave up and sat on the couch.

"Kai," you whined "I'm bored."
"How about we watch a show?" suggested Kai.
You nodded and snuggled closer to Kai. He grabbed the remote and put on a baking show before putting his arm around you. You held back your giggles as Kai (in his usually monotone voice) got frustrated when the competitors did something wrong: leaving the cake in the oven, not greasing the pan, not knowing which ingredient was which, etc.

After a while, you eventually started to smell something burning. "Kai? Do you smell that?"
"Ah, yes...That appears to be our dinner."
"Then you should probably go get it!"
"Of course."

Kai walked over to the oven, adorned an oven glove, and grabbed the dish. Although it was literally on fire, he held the plate like a pro, with his pink heart mittens that you had given him. He quickly put out the fire and gazed at the burnt, ashy food. "I suppose I'll have to remake dinner."
"Can't we just order pizza? I'm hungry."
"I'd rather not order pizza. It would arrive too soon."
"Huh? 'Whaddya mean? Wouldn't you want it to arrive soon?"
"Well, I enjoyed our time together, and I wouldn't mind if we spent more time together."
"Ok! But are you sure that you have the right ingredients?"

Kai was silent for a moment before saying "What pizza company would you like to order from?"
"Uhhh... The farthest one?"
"Sure. And I'll tell them to take their time."
You grinned happily at Kai, who smiled back.
"While we're waiting...What else do couples do?"

The End

Final word count: 553 words