The Anime Gods get bored

~In which you want to sleep forever, but the universe decides 'NOPE'~

(A/N: I hate/suck at writing angst so I apologize in advance for this chapter. Also, I'm sorry if this chapter seems a little... inconsistent. I'm terrible at writing openings, but I swear it'll get a lot better once the actual plot begins.)

^^^Prologue^^^

Being a 20 year old in College sucked. You had no food, no money, and a TON of student debt to pay off. Which is how you find yourself here. Being forced to work overtime at the world's most snooty hotel;

~✨The Braxton Inn✨~ 

*sparkles* *Audience cheering and clapping* *That Lady on infomercials that tries to sell you stuff smiling and gesturing to the building*

The Braxton Inn was basically an entitled country club. You get all kinds of rich people come through here, making ridiculous and entitled demands. You, of course, being a receptionist, had to deal with the brunt of them:

- Receptionist log #47: mY bReAdStiCks

"..But that doesn't apply to me." 

"IT'S THE LAW. YOU ATTACKED A WAITER!"

"Well, he deserved it. My breadsticks were soggy."

- Receptionist log #69: I wAs HeRe iN SpiRiT

"..Do you know how much money I spend here each month?"

"None. I've worked here almost every day for the past two years."

"Yes, well, ALMOST. I must have come on the days you weren't here."

- Receptionist log #82: i'M PeTeR PaN!

"..I've been discriminated against, I'll have your job!"

"..Go ahead, take it. All I asked was if your son wanted the kid's menu."

"AND WHAT IF I DID TOO!?"

Yeah, working here was a blast. The only upside to this job was being able to mess with any annoying customers that happened to wander through. It was a favorite pass time of yours to see just how pissed you could get them.

You had to say, you had become quite good at it over the years.

A loud huff snapped out of your daze as you turned back to the man at the desk, arms folded and foot tapping.

He had just come in with a group of people behind him, maybe 20.

"..Hello? HELLO? HELLO!?" He snaps. Oh my Manga, this was gonna be fun.

"Hello Sir!" You chirp, putting on your best 'customer service' voice. "My name is Y/N, may I have your name and booking number?"

"I don't care what your name is." He says, snooty little- "And my name's Gerald. Gerald Arkinson. Reservation for 18 rooms- We're celebrating my 42nd Birthday."

"Al..right!" You say, looking his reservation up in the hotel database. "Gerald Arkinson- 21 guests, 17 rooms."

"Wait, 17 rooms?  I booked 18!" He says, pissed.

"I'm sorry, sir. But it says here you only booked seve-"

"WELL BOOK ME ANOTHER ONE!" He yells, slamming his hand on the oak-paneled desk.

Straightening your uniform, you try not to scream at him as you reply;

"Sir, all of the other rooms are full. We are very busy at times, which is why people tend to book with us well in advance. If you'd like, we could upgrade you to-"