Chapter 8 Resolve Yourself

A sudden sharp pain in my leg jolted me awake.

Chomp a creature bigger than me bit into my leg. It looked like a hairless dog but had weird chitinous plates all over its body.

"AGH FUCK!" I reflexively kicked it in its face. It was forced off for a second and I took this moment to grab the spear next to me.

For a moment everything stood still. I froze up realizing that this fucker was like twice my size.

And unfortunately...

It was not happy.

The creature snarled at me and I barely grabbed the bone spear as it pounced on me. It bite harder into my leg and pulled me away from the tree with violent force.

I whimpered and yelped as it dragged me, but the fuck only seemed emboldened by my pain to do more harm to me.

As my leg was clamped in the jaw of the thing it shook from side to side dragging me around like a ragdoll.

My leg started to tear apart and I could feel it ripping my flesh apart. I started hysterically crying in response as it started to kill me.

Then suddenly my head hit something really hard and I felt like the world started spinning...

...

I heard a sickening rip and crunch and felt mind shattering pain shoot through my leg. I couldn't help myself as my eyes started flowing with tears.

Unable to bare with the pain anymore I screamed bloody murder at the top of my lungs and desperately focused on inhibiting my pain receptors. 

The pain subsided but it didn't make it any less horrific.

It let go of my leg and I was tossed a good meter and landed on my side. In the confusion I dropped my spear and it lay a good away from me. 

I tried to stand but heard another crack and my bitten leg bent a way it shouldn't.

I fell back on the ground and felt the fucker on my back. This time it bit down into my shoulder and I felt my collar bone snap, and my shoulder suddenly compressed under its bite force.

Desperately I clawed for the fucking spear and finally grabbed the end of it.

The fucker let me go and I flopped onto the ground as I picked up the spear. I felt the creature readying for another attack.

And with blinding speed I turned on my good leg and thrusted the spear right for its face.

I hit near its nose but it slide across its chitinous armor and went right into its eye. It remained wedged inside of its skull, and in response it violently jerked back with the spear inside of it.

It screeched in pain and fell to the group and writhed in agony as it desperately tried to claw the spear out.

I wanted to look away but I couldn't. It was sickening to watch was the spear despite its best effort remain wedged. 

Watching it die so brutally just shocked me to my core. It didn't feel right...

I was always queasy around sharp objects, so watching this thing die even though it mauled the hell out of me was so revolting.

It collapsed on the ground and twitched, as it slowly stopped moving.

I couldn't contain my disgust and felt bile shoot up my throat.

I vomited onto the ground next to me.

Shit I forgot to pull back my hair too.

My head felt light. My world was spinning. My right leg was probably in really bad condition and so is my right shoulder.