Chapter 15 Aftermath

A breeze flew through the village as doors opened. Out stepped red skinned elves. They peeked their heads around the area looking around the streets littered with bodies of their invaders.

Amongst the corpses a single warrior marched. His armor stained with crimson blood from head to toe he walked through the street. As he marched alone he walked house to house inspecting them for any damage before realizing that almost everything by the adventurer's guild had been intact.

He put a finger to his chin in thought. Orcs usually attack everything, not just a single building, so that means that this isn't a normal raid. But what could have driven them to act like this?

A hand clutched his foot bringing him out of his thoughts. Looking down he saw a bloodied Orc grabbing onto his foot. His face was contorted in rage looking up at the man that had slaughtered countless of his own tribe.

Out of reflex the elf moved his foot with enough force to break the Orc's arm. The bloodied Orc screeched in pain and stared at his dislocated shoulder. Snarling, the Orc crawled forwards reaching for his foe.

"Say you want to tell me what you were doing here?" The blood covered Elf asked standing over the Orc.

Not responding, the Orc roared at him and continued crawling even through the pain of his broken arm.

"No I don't suppose you would talk." The Elf said above him. In one quick motion he stabbed the Orc through his skull and penetrated the ground below the Orc. The Orc stopped moving instantly and his eyes parted before growing dim.

Pulling his sword from the Orc the Elf kneeled down to his foe. His hand lingered over his head before he closed the eyes of the Orc and stood back up. Turning his back on his foe he continued to move on.

Stepping over bodies the Elf continued walking back to the adventurer's guild. He had a sneaking suspicion on the Orcs that he wanted to confirm. Their leader was an Old Orc so he was probably wiser than the average Orc, and maybe wise enough to stage a planned attack on this village but their ultimate goal he didn't know yet. Maybe he would have to track the fleeing invaders down and get some information from them.

But one thing was certain only time would tell. Walking up to a building the owner was prying an axe from their wall. The Elf walked up and pulled the axe from the wall. The other elf looked at her helper. "Oh thank you General, Yika!"

"No problem my lady." He simply responded before rounding the corner and walking towards the adventurer's guild which was just a few feet ahead.

Walking over the mound of bodies the General looked around the building. The whole building had collapsed from being attacked from every angle by the horde of Orcs.

Inspecting the building Yika stepped over the bodies of the defenders and attackers as he made his way to one room in particular. The armory is the most important place in an adventurer's guild so maybe the Orcs were after the weapons.

Magic weapons are better than normal weapons after all and in addition Orcs aren't particularly known for their craftsmanship. The only question the General had left was why? Why would Orcs need these weapons? They sure weren't short on weapons after all Yika thought to himself looking at all the bodies with their weapons at their sides.

Perhaps their plan was to quickly assault the adventurer's guild and run with the weapons?

It would make sense given what Yika had seen but there still remained the question why. Why this village? Why only the adventurer's guild?

As the saying goes, time is no liar.

But as the Elf pondered what the motive of the foe was another elf was running through the streets.