Chapter 14 Fight Back!

Sorry for slow update had some trouble getting into a dorm for college but I should be back to making weekly chapters like before.

-----

Hooves and fists slammed on brick and dirt. Figures sprinting past hollowed homes and dilapidated buildings. They sprinted by skeletons of past inhabitants. 

Suddenly as the drones sprinted down the path the endless sight of trees stopped and in their place a wide plains area opened up. Down the stone brick path lay a massive ancient city. Its mightily walls stretched as far as the eye could see but it lay in ruin with collapsed sections dotting the old walls.

Under the shadow of the wall lay a field of bones of various sides. Some where as small as rabbits but some where as big and massive as dragons.

"Wow! Looks like an entire apocalyptic battle happened here!" I couldn't help but exclaim looking at the bones of massive creatures and human alike across the field.

Treading lightly over the human looking bones but not so much on the inhuman bones I slowly approached the front gate of the city, or well what was left of it. The wood of the massive towering gate had been smashed open and the wood was hollow and rotten. It was obvious that this gate had seen better days.

Marching inside the decrepit city and looking around the buildings were just as dead and decayed as the overgrown villages down the road. There were bones everywhere  scattered and broken . There was red vine like plants growing everywhere wrapping around the broken buildings and splitting the broken brick pathways.

The group of drones walked down the path looking left and right peering into dark alleys and down empty roads. The entire city was eerily dead quiet only adding to an uncomfortable atmosphere.

Down the road was a giant building that looked like a mini castle. It stood tall and proud even in its current state as it towered over everything around it obviously a work of art in its time however this was a different time and now it lay in majestic ruins.

As the drones marched down the path little critters scurred away obviously scared at the presence of the new comers to their empty city. Soon the drones made it to the inner castle the walls were not looking so good just like the outer walls.

However the gate still stood strong with large breaks and pounding however it had obviously endured because even after all this time the door still valiantly stood.

However it seems the walls didn't I thought to myself as I climbed through the rubble mound that used to be a castle wall five feet to the right of the mighty door.

Climbing into the inner castle I looked around there was the occasional skeleton of... something but otherwise it was pretty much empty.

In the center of the inner castle was a broken dried up fountain. Around it were buildings or what was left of them. In fact the only thing that wasn't destroyed was the giant tower.

One of the drones pulled on the door and that seemed to be enough to destroy it as it crumpled apart as the tug of a human being caused it to split apart.

Inside the tower was a circular stair way that lead up but more curiously lead down to somewhere as well. Fitting myself in I started to walk down the dark decent.

Suddenly the stairs gave way to a floor that lead to another door though this one was completely broken in. Walking through the door way I couldn't see anything since it was pitch black down there.

But for some reason I didn't feel as 'blind' as I should of. Seems as the new upgrades to my lings was coming in handy. Reflexively I sniffed the air and something primal in me gave me a sense of direction in the darkness. Not only that but the protective plates that guarded the ear holes on the drone opened up and my sense of hearing detected the quiet sound of water hitting the floor.