Chapter 19 Battle For Blood Lake

Red blood seeped out of the block of flesh. Pooling into a small puddle of red it suddenly splashed everywhere as a leg crashed down. The leg belonging to a creature currently gorged itself on the massive block of flesh chewing off pieces before swallowing it down its maw.

All around the creature was blood and flesh from the Eater that had fallen. The voices in its head had urged it to continue its rageful attack against the weird bugs but it ignored it. Afterall who wouldn't with this much meat to gorge on. Finishing its meal it scurried off coming near a broken down building before a loose brick popped up.

Bricks flew up into the air as the ground erupted as a creature clawed its way up from the dirt. The creature stopped in its tracks watching the bug creature get through the opening as more followed. Outnumbered, the Creature tried to run only to be overrun by several more bugs. It tried to snarl at the bugs but they moved forwards with indifference. Reacting quickly the Creature lunged forwards at the closest bug in defiance. It sunk its teeth into the face of the bug but the bug didn't react in the slightest instead grabbing and locking the Creature in place as more bugs stabbed the Creature from every angle.

With more holes than what was healthy the Creature dropped dead, its jaw relaxing as it slumped off the bug it had bit. The Ling wiped away the blood off its face, the holes where the creature's teeth had dug in still seeping red liquid.

All around I could sense the violence and combat occurring. The death of the Eater had caused quite a stir. The Creatures were no longer in formations or crowds; instead they streamed into the city in groups of varying sides all trying to get a taste of the dead Eater. It had been a boon for me after all dealing with the occasional group was better than dealing with massive clumps of armies, but that was until I realized that almost every creature in a ten mile radius was trying to invade the city now.

While the Ultra was a strong creation I still had to rest once in a while. Not only that but even after the amount of creatures I killed they just kept coming! Seriously I may be the hivemind of self replicating creatures but the amount that these animals outnumbered me wasn't even funny. I had to have killed thousands of them already but it didn't even seem to make a dent.

There was no way I could hold this entire city with the numbers I had but I know what I could do. I needed to find the mana crystal of this dead Eater. After I consume it I could hold up in the inner castle and continue to create more lings. Wish I could make another Ultra but the strain of making one made me feel like I had cut a piece of myself off. Must have been some weird effect of losing so much mana within a short amount of time since it took a tremendous amount to make one Ultra.

Whatever the cost I needed to get my hands... claws and hooves even on some more of those mana crystals. Not only that I need to make more improvements to my swarm. I learned a bit of magic from just brute forcing it but in terms of finesse I was pretty sure I wasn't supposed to use what was basically 40 people's worth of mana for a single spell. Whatever techniques this world had I needed to learn them because at my current state the only reason I could use magic was the fact that I had devoured so much mana crystals which increased my total mana pool to insane levels.

I could also create some more battleship turrets in the inner castle. Making them wasn't so bad but the problem lay in the fact that despite me thinking guns were easy to make it turned out in fact no making a gun wasn't just a controlled explosion through a barrel. I had to account for the amount of explosive material I used in the ammo and how to make a gun barrel that didn't occasionally explode.

You see the problem with the first ship cannons was the fact that since I'm not a gun nut or an engineer I had made it so to load the guns I would have to unscrew the cap at the back of the barrel. Which surprisingly enough made it so that if the barrel explodes the back cap gets sent into me! Maybe I could think of a way to improve it in some way but at the moment I was completely occupied by the literal war going on.