Chapter 20 The fuck happened last night and why does my head hurt so much

Alright I'm finally back finals are done and I am able to work on this story expect regular updates from now on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like a switch had been flicked I collapsed into the soft cloth I managed to scavenge from the city. I was pretty sure I had instantly fallen asleep, a sheer testament to how much I needed a good sleep. From my other bodies I watched as I slept. With my main body out I couldn't use the creep network meaning no regeneration.

But I still had some ways to fix myself up. The new drones were complete; they were a giant drone that had a honeycomb surrounding its entire body except its face and legs. Those individual honey comes were big enough to house a single drone and in the honeycomb was a slime that would graft a bio gel like substance to the wounds of the drones inside them. The gel didn't heal them; instead it merely stopped blood from leaking out and would be consumed by the body as it naturally healed from its wounds.

Not only was it basically a mobile field hospital but it also doubled as transport. With this new medic drone I would be able to heal wounds, though not to the same effect, of my injured drones in the heat of battle. In terms of self defense though the medic drone is only armed with four massive legs covered in bio metal.

The medic drone wasn't the only thing I had prepared for when I decided that I needed to sleep. Slime was turning out to be a surprisingly good creature at healing or what I can consider healing in this case. I can't do something so complex like use slime to replicate cells but what I can do is use slime to plug wounds.

For emergencies they worked very well in stopping bleeding as they can fit anywhere and turn into any shape required no matter how complex. Coupled with the fact that they could replicate what they consumed I was able to dump a lot of blood on the slimes to get them to turn into blood slimes. They were my sentient trauma kit and blood bag and hard to kill with only their core being a weak part.

Aside from slime being overpowered as you can use it to mold into any shape or form which is incredibly helpful on its own but also because it can duplicate materials. But yeah aside from that I've also made some breakthroughs with the help of this cache of information I found myself on.

Reading isn't the best way of studying but it sadly is the only method I've got available to me at the moment. All these papers range from agriculture to war so there are tons of good things to collect from these old papers. But in terms of my situation though oh boy do I have some new toys.

First of all my big boy, my ultra has gotten an upgrade from its human arms. Instead of the human arms I replaced them with two arms that held a chain with saw teeth on them. Within the internal forearm there was an organ which would blow air to an internal fan which connected to a gear that would spin the blade. Essentially it was a biological chainsaw and with the addition that the teeth were tipped with adamantite means that it should be insanely durable with the fact that the Ultra would be able to power the metal so it wouldn't take any damage. I had made this mostly to deal with the giant Eaters as in close combat the only things I could do was get distance and use magic.

I also managed to add the chainsaw arms to my lings as well so now they had an additional pair of arms that sprouted from their backs. Hopefully with all these additions I would have an even greater advantage over the animals. I already was doing fine against them but anything helps and you can never go wrong with enough upgrades.

From the top of the castle walls I gazed out at the inferno. The entire city had been engulfed in fire that had spread apparently there was enough flesh, blood, and wood to make the entire city very flammable. Whoopsies my bad but it didn't really matter to me it wasn't like I held sentimental value for this place at all. In fact I was delighted that I was surrounded by flames because that meant no creatures for miles.