Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Lan Wanji

Wei Wuxian look up and saw a handsome man wearing all white robes and jade hairpiece. He was holding a sword which Wuxian assume to be a high-quality sword like his Suibian. The man has no expression at all.

'Woah didn't know someone can be this handsome. White suits him but why do his robes look like a mourning robe?'

"Eh?! Lan er gongzi! Good evening!" Wuxian said with his bubbly voice. He even waves happily to the man in front of him however the man only looks at him without expression at all.

"Get out. Come back tomorrow" The man's voice is cold like ice and like his expression.

Wuxian trembled when he heard the man's voice. But he is Wei Wuxian so why would he back off. And this man in front of him is kinda interesting. No facial expression and cold. It's a good thing that he is handsome.

"But why?!" Wuxian said.

'This Lan er gongzi is interesting huh'

"Curfew" The man's answer is short but Wuxian gets want he wants to say. Well, it's past curfew so it's obvious that the Cloud Recesses is already close.

Wuxian pouted and check his two bottles of alcohol. He notices that the man in front of him looks at the bottle of the emperor's smile.

"Alcohol is forbidden in Cloud Recesses. "

'This fuddy-duddy is so strict. I wonder if..'

"If I give you one of these will you let me go?" Wuxian showed the two emperor's smiles to the handsome man in front of him. He even smiles brightly at him.

But the man still has no expression at all.

'Is his face a wall? Is he a stone?'

"Bribing is forbidden in Cloud Recesses" Wuxian is going nuts because of the rules. How can a place have such rules?

"Huh? Another rule again? Why do Gusu have a lot of rules?" Wuxian complained.

The man in front of him is still looking at Wuxian with his strict and cold face.

'He looks like a direct disciple of Lan Clan. Is he one of the Twin Jades?'

"Leave. Come back tomorrow and face your punishments"

Wuxian pouted. Wuxian hates rules. He believes that rules are meant to be broken. So why would Wuxian follow the rules of Lan?

"What if I don't want to?" Wuxian is enjoying teasing the Lan disciple. He was about to tease the man again when the man went straight to him with his sword sheath.

Wuxian immediately reacted to the 'attack'. They fight on top of the roof. Their skills are matched and controlled. Both of them are good at sword fighting.

If someone sees them, they might think that they are just dancing because they are fighting gracefully.

'This fuddy-duddy have skills huh'

Their fight went on for minutes until Wei Wuxian was forced to throw the two bottles of wine. The man sees this and immediately cuts the rope that connects the two bottles. Wuxian's eyes went wide.

'My Emperor's smile!'

He did his best to catch both of them. He was able to save one and was about to catch the other one but he didn't make it. The bottle drop on the surface and broke.

Wuxian felt like he got stabbed in his heart.

'My emperor's smile

"You owe me a bottle of Emperor's smile!" Wuxian said to the man but the Lan man didn't even give any reaction. 'How can someone be this cold?'