Chapter 13

Chapter 13: The Great Wei Wuxian

An unfamiliar ceiling welcomed Wei Wuxian as he open his eyes. He felt tired like he just trained for a day without resting. He slowly gets up while holding his head when a short pain struck him but fades away after a few minutes. He finally looks around and saw that he was in an unfamiliar room. Judging from the herbs and bottles that contains different kinds of medicine, he concluded that he is in the Healing Pavilion.

'What happened?'

He keeps on thinking about what happened when he finally remembers what happened in Caiyi Town. He remembered that he fell. The resentful energy pulled him. And I-

'Ajie! Ajie was with me when I fell'

He looks around, especially at the beds in the room but no one is there.

'Is she safe? Where is she?'

Wei Wuxian can't help but feel worried about his sister. He clearly remembers that his Ajie tried pulling him up. Trying to save him. Though he's having a hard time being conscious underwater because of the strong wave of resentful energy, he can still remember how his Ajie tried her best to save him.

Wuxian badly wants to see his sister so he tried his best to get off the bed. He knows he is still weak and tired but he can't help but worry about his sister. He slowly gets off the bed even though his legs are still weak and shaking. When he is finally able to stand up, he slowly walks to the door. Very slowly.

But he was only able to walk three steps before his legs finally gave up.

"Get up! Get up! I need to see Ajie" Wuxian said to himself. He tried to stand up but fell eventually because his legs are still weak.

'Damn. The resentful energy got me'

He can't give up. He is Wei Wuxian! The head disciple of Jiang Clan! He can do it. Wuxian takes a deep breath and tries standing up again and he succeeded. Though his legs are still shaking.

The door opened and he looks up. He saw the emotionless face of the Second Young Master of Gusu Lan. Lan Wangji.

"Oh, Lan Zhan!" Wuxian said as he wave at Lan Wangji with a bunny smile on his face.

Lan Wangji on the other hand is shocked that Wuxian is now awake. Although it's not obvious on his face, Wuxian can see the shocked expression of the cold Jade behind his signature emotionless face.

'I'm getting better at reading Lan Zhan's face!Ha!'

"Hey, Lan Zhan! Do you know where is Aj-Ah!" Wuxian wasn't able to finish whatever he is saying because his knees give up once again. But before Wuxian slumped on the floor, Wangji immediately catch him.

'What's with this fuddy-duddy?'

Wuxian looks at Wangji with a confused face but eventually smiled.

"Lan Zhan! Thank you for catching me. I'm afraid my handsome face will get scratched if I fell on the floor once again hehe" Wuxian continues to smile. Wanji on the other did not even react.

After giving Wuxian a look, Wangji scooped Wuxian like he weighs nothing.

"Ah, Lan Zhan! What are you doing?!" Wuxian feels like there are butterflies on his stomach when Wangji carried him.

"Still weak. Rest." Wangji said as he puts Wuxian down on his bed.

'What's with this fuddy-duddy? Acting so strange?'