Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Looking at the calm and wide lake of Lotus Pier, where a lot of lotuses were planted, Daiyu cannot help but be nervous about what will happen in this lake if a war breaks out. The people of the Jiang clan are buzzing like a bee. Shouting here, gossiping there. Jiang clan is the total opposite of the Lan clan. They are not calm and soft-spoken, but it's okay Daiyu like how their clan is.

It's been a week already since she and her brother arrive in their clan. They immediately plan to protect their clan if ever the Wens will attack them. Everything is already set up. They only hope that the Wens will not attack them. They are not afraid to fight, but they are afraid of the noncultivators under their clan. They do not want the innocents to be involved.

Daiyu remembered what she did these past two weeks.

She met Wen Qing and all of Dafan Wens.

Daiyu is looking at Wen Qing who is outside their home talking to an old lady. It must be Grandma Wen. Yes. She is in the Wen clan. She is wearing black robes that have a hood covering her face so no one can see her. She just waits for Wen Qing to finish talking to the old lady before she talks to her.

It didn't take a lot of time before they finally say goodbye to each other. Wen Qing then went somewhere and she immediately follow her. But of course, Wen Qing is not that dumb to notice that someone is following her.

"Who are you?!"

Daiyu sighed and finally went out of her hiding place.

"Who are you? Why are you following me?" Wen Qing asks. She didn't know the person since her face was covered by the hood of her robes.

Daiyu finally decided to remove the hood of her robes, and finally show her face to Wen Qing who immediately recognize her. Luckily, they are not in an open area where there are a lot of people.

"Lady Wei?" Wen Qing was surprised. She didn't expect that it would be Wei Daiyu who was behind the hood. She knows her because she also attended the Gusu Lan lectures, though they are not close, Wen Qing can still say that Lady Wei is a good cultivator. She is beautiful and kind. That's why it's not surprising at all that a lot of students in Lan lectures like her.

"Lady Wen, can we talk in a private room? I need to tell you something. This is important." Daiyu said before putting back the hood to cover her head once again.

Although, Wen Qing is hesitant she agreed with Daiyu's request so they went to Wen Qing's house. Luckily, Wen Ning isn't there. Wen Qing said he was with Grandma Wen.

"Why are you here, Lady Wei?" Wen Qing asks after they settle down in front of a tea table. Daiyu once again removes her hood and looks at Wen Qing.

"I will go straight to the point." Daiyu begins. "I know what is Wen Rouhan doing to you. "

Wen Qing was shocked. How did she know?

"That is why I am here to help you and your family" Daiyu continued. Luckily, she talked to Uncle Jiang and Aunt Yu already. She told them about Dafan Wen's situation and they agreed with her request. They even give small land for them so that they have a place to build their new home if they agree to leave their clan.

"Lady Wei, this is not a simple matter. This is dangerous if Wen Rouhan found out about this." Wen Qing said. Of course, she wants to leave this place already together with her family but she is scared that if Wen Rouhan found out, he will not only punish her but also her family. She doesn't want that.