Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Daiyu's POV

It's painful.

So painful.

Lying here and looking at the silent sky while someone is opening your chest is hard. It's painful ...and sad.

It's been a day already since Wen Qing started the operation. Just like what A-Xian did to A-Cheng when he planned to give his core, I also copied what he said. That Baoshan Sanren will restore his core and all he needs to do is to climb the mountain while blindfolded. It is not easy to lie to A-Xian and he didn't believe it at first but since he trust me, he believe me in the end.

And here we are, doing the operation. I am done shouting and crying because of the physical pain. Just like what A-Xian felt during his operation, Wen Qing didn't also give me any anesthetics. I am thankful to Wen Ning who holds me while I was busy shouting and crying because of the pain.

But what hurts me the most is not the physical
pain. It's the fact that my brother experienced this. This is what he felt. Just thinking about this, it breaks my heart to the point that I didn't even care about the pain anymore. My poor A-Xian.

I'm just glad that he can have a golden core after this. For me, I can live without a golden core. I live without it when I wasn't transported to this world yet so it wouldn't kill me if I will experience it once again. But my brother, he needs this. He can help well when a war breaks out.

"Don't you dare close your eyes Daiyu! If you close it, all of your sacrifices will go in vain! Bear with it a little longer, you can do this!" Wen Qing shouted when I started closing my eyes. She is close to panicking but since she is a doctor she knows how to calm herself in this kind of situation.

"You c-can do this, Lady Wei" Wen Ning even tried to comfort me but I am so tired and hurt already. My vision is starting to get blurry and I am doing my best to stay awake.

'Stay awake! This is for A-Xian! Stay awake!'

The operation continued for two days and one night and I can say that I am close to dying. But I am happy. I am happy because the operation was successful. My core...is now on my brother.

I force myself to get up and went to my brother who is still unconscious. His complexion is getting better. I grab her hand and I let myself feel that he has a core now.

And yes, I felt it.

It's warm and it's there.

I cupped his face and smiled.

"Now you will not be a demonic cultivator anymore. Y-you will not be the demonic cultivator that everyone hates and badly want to kill. It's okay now. Your Ajie...will always be here to protect you" ...even if I need to sacrifice myself.

Wen Qing insisted to rest first but I can't. I need to get off the mountain since I told my brother that we will meet thereafter he got his core back. Thankfully, Wen Qing did her best to heal me even if it will take weeks to completely get healed or maybe months since I don't have my golden core anymore.

I went down the mountain and went to the closest inn to get some food and to rest because my body needs it. I still don't have enough strength. I need to recover immediately so A-Xian won't notice it.

I only ordered a simple meal to satisfy my hunger. I badly want to rest already. I think it will take a day before A-Xian will arrive here. So I just need to wait here.

Or so I thought.

Because the next thing I know, someone sits in front of me. A person I don't want to see.