Chapter 11

Chapter 11: Waterborne Abyss part 2

"The net moved!"

Everyone looks at the water and just like what they have expected, there were water ghouls present in the lake. The thick, long hair formed veils of satin swelling around the boats. Ghastly hands of water ghouls gripped each side of the boat.

Lan Wangji immediately drew his sword, Bichen, and severed at least ten-or-so hands that were gripped tightly on the boats. He continues to severe the water ghouls that surrounded their boats. He did it without breaking a sweat. What do you expect from the Second Young Master of Gusu Lan?

A large group of water ghouls was about to attack the boats of Lan Wangji when a red flashed light passed and in a blink, all water ghouls were severed. Wangji looked at the sword that came back from its sheath.

It was Wei Wuxian's sword.

When they thought that it was over, a large group of water ghouls surprisingly attack them. Wangji was about to draw his sword when Wei Wuxian's sword attacked at an extremely fast speed. Wangji already knows that the sword was of very high quality.

Lan Wangji asks with a serious face, "What is the name of this sword?"

Wuxian looks at his sword and grin before answering, "Suibian!"

Lan Wangji just stared at him. Wuxian thought that maybe Wangji didn't hear him so he repeated. "Suibian"

Lan Wangji frowned. "This sword has a spirit. Calling it as one pleases is disrespectful "

Wuxian sighed. 'This fuddy-duddy can't think outside the box huh'

"I wasn't asking you to call it whatever you want. Its name is Suibian. Look" Wuxian said and showed his sword that has characters carved on it. It says Suibian.

For a moment, Lan Wangji was at loss for words.

Wuxian, "Hep. I know you want to ask why did I name my sword Suibian. Well everyone thinks there is a deep meaning behind the name. But to be honest there wasn't. When Uncle Jiang gave me the sword and ask me to name it, I came up with more than twenty names. So since I can't decide what name to choose, I told uncle Jiang to name it. I said " Whatever!". But who knew that after the sword was forged, uncle Jiang really carved the name Suibian on it. To be honest, this name isn't bad either, right?"

Wangji was completely lost for words. But after a few minutes, he spoke through his gritted teeth, "Ridiculous!"

"You're such a boring person. Don't you see how good the name is? It's good at tricking people, especially serious people like you hahaha" Wuxian continues laughing, ignoring the glare of the cold jade.

At the same time, the cultivators continue slashing the water ghouls with their swords. Jiang Cheng finished the water ghouls on his side but is still on high alert if there are still water ghouls coming. Seeing the shadow he immediately shouted, "It's coming again!"

A few disciples padded and chase the water ghouls on nets. Someone shouted from the other side, "There are some here as well!"

Daiyu on the other hand continues to observe her surroundings after finishing the water ghouls on her side. She heard her brother voice out his thoughts.

"That's strange. The shape of the shadows doesn't look human at all. It also sometimes looks small..and sometimes long...Lan Zhan beside your boat!"

In a blink, Bichen immediately unsheathed and stabbed the water. After a few minutes, it came back with a sharp resonance. Yet, it didn't pierce anything.