CHAPTER 29

"Amal, what do you think you're doing following a total stranger?" A thought came flashing to my mind. "You can't trust anybody, look at the condition you've found yourself, not even Abba or ummah knows anything about it," The voice echoed to my head this time around.

"Are you alright?" The young man said with a weird but sweet smile that could charm just every girl. "I,m fine, maybe I should," I was trying to decline his offer of taking me to the hospital when my phone began to beep.

"Sorry, but I need to take the call," I said making him nod. The fact that I was glad that my phone had to ring in a situation like this was heart whelming.

I took a huge breath before checking the caller. "Amar," I let out under my breath.

"Salamualiakum," I said turning to look at the stranger who still stood patiently tapping his car keys. "wa Alaikum salam," Amar let out from the other line.

"Why did you call so suddenly?" I foolishly blurted out. I bit my lips the instant I let those words slip out. "Uhmm," I tried to say but he was fast to interrupt me before I could explain what I actually meant.

"I'm sorry for calling, you really must be busy preparing for the night event. I only wanted to ask what color do you prefer the kitchen to be presented?" He asked.

"It's your house, any color should be fine," I said as the words came out harsher than intended. "I mean you should make it something," I tried to say but he stopped me. "It's fine AMAL, I understand! Take your time." He said and I could feel my words hurting him.

"Amar?" I let out but he had already hanged up.

At that moment, I just wanted to go home and sleep off the headache that was already building up but a voice stopped me. "AMAL?" The stranger I met said.

"How did he know my name?"