CHAPTER 2

AMAL POV

"Hello, my name is amal hamajoda. I am pleased to be part of this group," I rolled recklessly on my bed while checking the messages I had typed thoroughly on my phone In case of any errors. After much contemplation, I finally sent the message to the WhatsApp group my best friend surrayah forced Me to join saying all her fairy tale and fantasy, I always told surrayah she was born for her lot of dramas.

THROW BACk

"Amal you think I am joking about us joining these groups, very soon your parent and my parent would look for a way to bring the topic of marriage. We are not teenagers or babies any longer you could meet your prince charming in those groups I added you too, you know I am serious about all this, right?" she asked me.

I didn't utter a word. but she kept talking, "Most people these days don't only depend on seeing facially before they are attracted to each other.
Online chatting site and social media is also a means, most people use these platforms to get to know each other. If possible they go on dates and get married. Do you remember rukkayah danladi? She told us she met Hassan her husband on Facebook, look they are married with 2 lovely kids." she finally said.

"Surrayah I guess you have watched a lot of dramas. must especially the fairy tales, those kinds of things only happen in dramas." I tried to reason. "Oh, now you think I am babbling about a movie?" She asked. "Can you just stop frowning your face, you don't look pretty when you do that?" I knew surrayah so well to know when she squeezes her face.

"But you know what I am saying is the real fact?" She asked. I kept mute and quiet for a while not wanting to start up an argument with her. "Are you still there? are you now ignoring me?" Surrayah asked. "No! no, no. Why would I do that?" I asked sharply. She didn't reply. so I just had to make things clear to surayyah, So she doesn't bring up issues like this again.

"And As for rukkayah not only did they meet on Facebook, They had known each other in school when they were young. So it was automatically a long lost friend who only reunited and developed feelings for each other." I said it as fast as I could So she doesn't try to interrupt me, I felt she wasn't convinced yet and was about to start an argument.

"You don't have to worry surrayah I am in the group already and I am not planning on exiting anytime soon." I finally said. she satisfyingly hummed at me, surrayah sometimes makes me feel like I had a second mom.

Surrayyah has been a Bestfriend and a sister to me since I was 11. We had gone to the same high school and also college (university)I love her so much and I know she does too. I could vividly recall those days. When we argue and makeup by writing an apology letter, The funniest thing was that it took us after 4days or more to write it. (I realize we were so childish)

The thought of that made me laugh Because I understood she got my back forever. "What are you doing now?" did she ask? I thought bringing myself back from one of the good memories I had with Suraya. "I am just trying to bake some cookies." I replied Trying to on the oven, "I can keep some for you if you want?" I asked.

"Sure, you know I wouldn't want to miss out from those tasty cookies of yours," surrayah said. "I pinky promise to keep some for you," I said. "I would call you later I don't want to burn the house down," I said hanging up.

***********
Watching people message me privately wasn't something I was delighted and glad about, but neither was I depressed about it. I could get to meet new friends, even though I find it tough to hang out and relate with friends. Largely people think and classify me as the shy and timid type, but my sister tends to disclose to them that I was a dangerous snake under the green grass.

Radiya just tends to babble that I was a real pretender. Finally, my phone rang and vibrated so hard. It had the ringing tone of my favorite song, Savage love- Jason durelo. It was surrayya my best friend calling, sometimes I ended up thinking if she could read my mind from a far distance.

What did she have to say this time again? I peeked at the phone for a while thinking whether to accept the call or not. I eventually decided to accept the call. I placed my phone in my ear, I was about to say Asalamualiakum But surrayah was sure faster than me.

"Hey, Amal, I hope you just haven't been neglecting my call because of the promise you made." Surrayah voice came from the other line. "what promise?" I asked Looking a bit puzzled. "Didn't you promise me you were going to take me out and even buy me some ice cream and pizza, from pizza-hot?" Surrayah asked from the other line.

"I am sorry surrayah it kind of skipped my mind," I said not wanting to hear her scream into my ear for long. she wasn't saying any word, I felt she was angry and would want my apology. "Surrayah can't you forgive your Bestfriend? She is so forgetful." I finally said.
"I am going to forgive you only if you keep your promise today." Surrayah voice sounded firm.

"By the way, the cloud looks like it going to rain. don't you think it would rain?" I asked waiting for a reply. "No, it won't rain! I hope you are not finding an alibi not to show up, Meanwhile it just a 5-minute walk from your place to pizza-hot!" Surrayah uttered. "Surrayah I just remembered I had no cash on me," I said. It fine they use POS, and I have enough cash to eat what we want. I have got you covered. But please don't forget my cookies, I would love to have that at night with some juice I have in store." surrayah said.

"I won't, inshallah." I dropped my phone on my bed before going to check on the cookies. I checked the beautifully decorated wall clock, it was 4.00 pm dot. I had to pray, dress up before going. I hope my mom gets to allow me, I immediately went into the bathroom to perform ablution. I hurriedly placed the prayer mat in the correct qiblah, I then wore my hijab which was touching my knee as I quickly prayed Asr.

When I was done praying to my lord. I immediately put on my after dress on my pencil trouser and top, I rolled my veil and picked my fancy flat slippers to go with the dress code. I checked the mirror, all I could say was "MASHA ALLAH." I closed the room door to go inform my mom. I was going out, At my home, it was wrong for us to go out without letting our parents know.

last time radiya went out to get some snacks without informing my parents. my dad took all his anger on her, you won't like my dad when he gets so angry.
***********

Strolling down one of the most beautiful streets of kano (nassarawa g.r.a), I was so engrossed at the beautiful Nature Allah has created. The cloud was beautiful and eye-catching, the scent of the sand was beautiful to the nose.

I was so engrossed in my thought, which made some random car splash it's dirty water on my gown from a pothole close to entering pizza-hot. Now I was angry and embarrassed at what my clothes looked like. "Hey, get down," I screamed at the top of my voice so he/she can hear me. "Can't you see or drive carefully?" I yelled at the top of my voice, now my dress was ruined.

The car came to a halt and stopped.
"I really won't take a sorry this time," I kept blabbing. I could hear he /she coming down from the car and banging the car door so hard.
He could break the handle of his car, I didn't care. He stared at me with those eyes that indicated panic and anger.

Was I not the one who should be getting angry and pissed right now? why was he staring at me that way? He had a lot of courage and nerves. All I expect presently is a better solution to what he had just done Because I wasn't wanting a sorry.

****************
So, guys, another chapter is down.
I just hope you keep showering me with your likes and comments so it can jiggle me to write more.
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter ❤️