CHAPTER 40

AMAL POV

FEW DAYS LATER

"How is married life treating my friend," surrayah muttered as she helped me pack the stuff I was going to use to travel tomorrow. "Wait, is that a smile across your lips?" she said, making me wiggle my head. "Who would have thought you would be this happy?" she said.

"You're so lucky to have Amal, he is every girl's dream," she muttered. "This is the least of things I want You and Ya Amar to get me." Aliyah let out handing me a piece of paper filled with so many items. "This isn't some charity section Aliyah, this is a lot and I really don't have the cash to spend." I muttered.

"Who says you were buying? Amar is and he asked us to make a list," Surrayah butt in handing me a list of hers. "You girls haven't changed one bit," I let out collecting the list. "We didn't change but you did, you seem like the wife who is in love and being protective of her husband, mainly, you don't want him to spend so much on other people," surrayah let out.

"Common guys," I said.
"I'm joking, but seriously you look comfortable and happy, that is what is important," Surrayah muttered, making me think.

Was I really happy with Amar?

*******************************

It was evening and Aliyah and Surrayah had left. I was setting the table for dinner while Amar was in the parlor watching an Anime series. I walked briskly to the parlor before asking him to eat.

"I have set the table," I muttered, making him nod not giving me one glance, his full attention was on the Tv. "Maybe I should eat the food I had prepared alone," I muttered, turning to leave but his hands instantly wrapped my waist as he hugged me from behind.

"Is my wife angry?" he said but I just couldn't respond because of how hard my heart was thumping beneath my chest. "N__oo," I stuttered as I was being swiveled around.

I watched as he left a small peck on my forehead, then my nose. He stared at my eyes before leaning closer to kiss my lips. I was beyond shocked at his moves. It was a light kiss but my whole body felt it, he noticed how shocked his kiss had left me.

He held my hands before pulling me to the dinning. He sat me down, I aimed for the plate but he was faster. "I would do it," he said, flashing me a smile. There was an awkward silence throughout the meal, I kept staring at those lips he had used to kiss me.

For the first time, I noticed how pink and tiny they looked. "What? You keep stealing glance," he said, making me stand up. I was embarrassed and couldn't watch him eat any longer or I might humiliate myself even more. "I just remembered that I hadn't packed my shoes, I don't want to regret leaving anything behind tomorrow," I muttered, before leaving.

"That's the direction of the room," he muttered. "I want to off the tea on the hot plate," I muttered before entering the kitchen. I closed the kitchen door Before leaning behind it. The kiss was a light one but I just couldn't stop thinking about it.

I put off the hot plate before turning the tea contents inside the flask. I moved to our room, hoping for a nice trip with Amar.

******************

Hello guys,

I have different book in other site that I also write, so it takes a while to update but you guys' comments motivate me to keep writing.

I will try my best to get the book finished soon.