CHAPTER 8

UMAIMMAH POV

It has been a sunny day at noon. I got into the car with Amar so we could get to his office to give equipment, Knowing that something bothered me but I didn't know how to start it with him, Amar.

I just had to try and share with him, perhaps he could help me by heaving it off my shoulders.
Amar? I called making him turn and look at me before concentrating on what he was driving.

I didn't want to bother you any longer, so nevermind me! I am just being a big baby. I said trying to plaster a fake smile on my face.

Are you for real? Amar said trying to chuckle. I mean for sure I know you wanted to voice out something right now, so, what exactly is it? Amar said with a straight face.

ummaimah, just tell me what going on with you, I just want to help you lift whatever burden is on your chest. Amar said checking the time on his wristwatch.

I let out a tremendous breath before saying it out, do you think it is right that I get married to Malik? I asked Amar feeling embarrassed. I had a reason for asking but I just didn't want to be too obvious about it.

He looked at me like I had said something irritating to the ear. thank God, I didn't tell Amar that I loved him instead, and would gladly marry him instead.

I have been in love with Amar since I was young, In Islam, it wasn't wrong to marry your cousin. So I did hope Amar was going to like me.

Why ask all of a sudden don't forget your wedding is close by. Amal said bringing me back from my thoughts

"At the mention of my wedding with malik. I felt upset and unhappy."

This is the moment I think every bride to be are usually their most cheerful and happy? Amar said.
I know Amar but I feel pressured by my dad, it makes me feel like I am for a business transaction.

Only if umma was still alive, it wouldn't have been like this. I mean dad doesn't even care about me one bit. I said feeling awful.

Don't say that, all parent loves their kids and want the best for them. Amar said staring from my face to the road.

He always had a way of advising and confronting me which I loved so much.
But Amar I am getting married because my dad's business keeps failing day by day and I know Malik's dad is his only hope to stand to his feet. I said feeling hurt and miserable.

But you know the saying that no parent ever does bad or evil to his child. Amar tried to reason with me.
Your dad wouldn't give you bad hands. Amar continued saying.

Why don't you talk to Malik? he will understand if he loves you. Amar said making me think about it. I hope he does because I feel he won't take this lightly.
He had approached me twice before I was told he was going to marry me.

I feel he has a hand in my dad forcing me into this marriage. Amar, what exactly should I do? I asked feeling my eyes tearing up.

Amar parked the car alongside the road. I didn't even know why he had to stop. Ummaimah is better I park the car, so I make things clear for you and you don't want us getting into an accident. Amar said turning to face me.

I didn't like the way he stared at me, it made me want to get married to him at such an instant! Was this love or lust I had for Amar?

You know what ummaimah? He asked checking his phone for the message which had just come in.
No, I replied?

In life one of the hardest decisions to take in marriage. you need to check if your other partner thinks the same way you do because you both must share your happiness, prosperity, satisfaction, success, pleasure. So as your sadness, unhappiness, and sorrow In hard time and bad time.

These days and era we find ourselves, you see couples smiling during their wedding, lavishing money and all
But what they might face when they are already married, "only Allah can help".

I am not trying to change your mind or give you the courage to spoil your marriage, Malik is a nice guy! he won't hurt you. I hope you know I am advising you cause I love and cherish you. Hearing the word I love you from Amar felt more sweet and affectionate Than when malik had to say it.

Thank you ya, Amar, I said feeling incredible.
You don't know how happy and glad I feel, I couldn't ask for a better solution than what you have just advised me. I said feeling relieved.

I needed something to distract me from not telling him the real reason, behind not wanting to marry malik. My phone rotated inside my bag! as I struggle to bring it out.

"I checked the caller id." It was malik.
I turned the phone to face Amar. It malik? I uttered before picking the phone. great timing Amar replied.

When I was done making the call. I raised my head, I was surprised to see Amal she was my childhood Bestfriend.

She really must be the one, I knew I wasn't mistaking.
I got out of the car not looking in Amar's direction. He must have felt a bit offended.

she was the one, she grew more gorgeous "MashaAllah". She stared at me like someone who was seeing a ghost but she surprised me when she gave me a big hug.

AMAR POV

"I could tell how marriage must have frightened ummaimah. Since she hears my mum complains about how her sister's husband act rashly towards her.

she must think since hers was going to be a business marriage. hers was going to be worst.

My mum's sister had complained to my mum's times without number, about how her husband cheats on her and come back drunk beating her.

I find it hard to believe not because I don't trust her or believe what she says. But because I could remember how lovey-Dovey they were before getting matrimonial. You would think they were the best of the couples.

Still, I had no say in their marriage. rukkayah was my mum's junior sister and she was way older than me.
"I just hope ummaimah has a better home."

I brushed the thought bringing myself back. Before I could look up ummaimah had left the car. I couldn't utter a word! where was she going to?

"I checked the time on my phone. It was 2:34 pm already, I was getting late."

****************
Another great chapter down😻🌹
Please vote and comment💕