CHAPTER 12

Amar Pov

I decided to drive to my office to get done with whatever work I had left. Since Amal has proved to be stubborn, 'okay! Let play her game,' I thought as a wide grin plastered my face. I was almost at the office when I felt the vibration of my phone, I decided to pack the car somewhere save before answering the phone.

After finding a suitable space. I immediately brought out my phone to check the caller ID and it was my mum, this days I have gotten very hesitant to pick my mother's call! I mean she always had one drama or the other. Not like I was offended by her drama or prank, they were just too scary and could give somebody a heart attack.

I took a deep breath before placing the phone in my ear. "Mama, is everything alright?" I asked her immediately I placed the phone to my ear. "Where are your manners, Amar? Wait, do you mean I can't call my son again?" She asked in a way that sounded like she was very offended.

"You know I didn't mean to just ask, just that your safety comes first," I answered sharply to cheer her up. "Alright, I just want you to come home for dinner because Nadia's parents are coming for dinner today," Mum said immediately. "But mom, why do I have to be there?" I asked with a frown on my face.

"What kind of question are you asking me right now?" Mom asked. Immediately she asked I kept mute, I just didn't know the right words to explain it to her.

"Nadia parents want you there because they want you and Nadia in a relationship that could lead both of you to marriage," Mum said shocking the daylight out of me. Why would they try to set me up with somebody I didn't like? Couldn't they just wait for me to choose the right one?

"Mum? I already have somebody that I want to spend the rest of my life with." I told a lie, at least they could stop bugging me if they knew I had somebody I liked and wanted to Marry. "If you had somebody you want to spend the rest of your life with, why hide her from me your mum?" Mum said almost sounding pained. "Mum, could you just tell uncle Malik that I am busy with work?" I said bluntly.

"You know your uncle doesn't listen to me, he feels I back you up as always, and meanwhile your cousin Nadia is a good choice." Ummah finally said. "Mum? I don't love Nadia like that! I just happen to love her as my little sister." I said checking my wristwatch for the time. "why don't you invite the girl you want to spend the rest of your life with over? at least then, your uncle and I get to believe you." She said making me speechless.

"Are you still there?" She asked. "Yes, sure ummah! We would both be there." I said before hanging up. Throughout my drive to the office, I kept thinking about what to do.

I drove inside the office parking lot, I was about to unbuckle my seat belt when an unfamiliar ringing tone began to play in my car. I searched everywhere and finally found it in the back seat. I checked the caller ID and it read "Surrayah Baby." I thought hard and concluded this must be Amal's phone.

I decided to drop the phone back since it was rude to pick someone's call without their permission. I mean most people find that offensive. But the phone kept ringing so I had to put it on silent and keep it inside my pocket, immediately I reached my office I called my Secretary Aisha to see me in my office sharply.

"Good day sir," she greeted immediately she entered my office. "Any meeting schedule today?" I asked using my pen to make some silly sounds on my desk.

"No sir, just some little paperwork." She said. "But you don't have to worry sir. I can finish that! So you are free to leave the office whenever you like," she continued.

I nodded as she turned to take off but I stopped her before she left. "Can you do me a favor?" I asked. "I could double your payment for this favor," I added as she stared at me. "What favor sir?" She asked.