CHAPTER 33

AMAL POV

"Do I really need to wear this?" I closed my eyes as a tear dropped out. "Amal, common! You can't let anything ruin today, moreover, you need to look good today. This happens only once," Surrayah let out holding my cloth for Nikkah.

"I'm sure Amar really dressed nicely like he did yesterday just to please you," Surrayah let out. She was trying to make me smile but it wasn't working. "Common, you're going to be okay, Amar is a good guy! Trust your best friend," Surrayah said before pulling me into a hug.

"Cheer up, we are all here for you, you shouldn't be a moody bride but a happy one," she muttered, making me bit my lips hard from crying. This wasn't what I wanted but what could I do? "Now brighten so we can perform real magic on your beautiful face," she said, making me chuckle slightly.

I wasn't willing to go the extra mile for this wedding but Surrayah and Aliyah wouldn't let me be. I wasn't happy inside but I looked pleased when I wore all this flashy clothing. I wanted something simple but everything seemed like a lot was spent. "I can't believe that you are getting married, babe," she said, hugging me.

"The rest of the girls are getting ready, let's get ready," she said, pulling me up. I was done dressing in less than an hour, the door to my room opened and my mother walked inside yet again. She sat down close to me before adjusting my veil. "I still can't believe that you are leaving today," she said, making my blood stop flowing.

"Are you happy Amal? We can stop the wedding! It's not yet late," she said, making me think twice. I would have gladly taken the offer if I wasn't having this child but right now I needed Amar's help. I quickly averted my gaze before wiping the tears that threatened to fall.

"Yes Mama, I'm happy with Amar," I said with a forced smile. "You might not really see it but I know when I see a good man and you have chosen one. Amar is a good man and I trust him to take care of you but give him the respect a husband deserves." she let out.

"Inshaallah, everything would be great Mama," I said as a knock on the door startled both of us. The door pulled open showing Aliyah, "you guys are keeping me out on our last time together," she said, running to hug me.

"I gathered a lot of money to get you this necklace," Aliyah said, handing me a chain necklace. "Thanks, I would appreciate it," I said, adjusting my bangles. "You look really beautiful, Amal," she said, making me smile.

The door pushed open yet again and this time around it was Baba. I stood up before hugging him tightly, "are you still a baby?" he asked with a chuckle. "Can I continue staying here even after marriage?" I asked, As  Aliyah's laughter filled the air. "Your husband needs you now, he is already here to pick you up and the ladies can't wait to take you to your new home," he said, making me wiggle my head.

Right now, I didn't want to leave here or go to Amar. I instantly lost it and started crying. "It's going to be okay, you can always come home," baba said, making me hiccup.

"Let's have a family prayer before you leave," he said as he started reciting. When he was done he patted my shoulder before leaving a soft perk on my forehead.

"May Allah bless your home,"