CHAPTER 32

AMAR POV

After the dinner which ended Late yesterday. I was exhausted and tired, but I still needed to stop by the office today to finish up some work with some investors. Getting Married to Amal was something I appreciate Allah for because he was the only one that knew best.

"You seem happy?" The voice of Saleem, my friend filled the air. "Hmm," was the only word that left my lips. "You seem pleased to be leaving bachelorhood," he said in a teasing way. "We should get things done here so we don't miss the Nikkah," I said with a chuckle before pushing the door of my office open.

"Are you that eager for your wedding night?" Saleem let out a raised eyebrow. "Shut up," I let out with a chuckle as he came close to where I stood before engulfing me in a hug. "Congratulations man, Amal is really lucky to have you," he said, patting my back.

His words made me wonder deeply. Was she really lucky to have me? "But why the sudden marriage? You told me the last time that she wasn't given in?" Saleem let out. "I can't possibly narrate such a long story but Alhamdulilah," I let out.

I have been feeling a bit guilty since I agreed to marry Amal, was this marriage really going to work? "May Allah make your marriage among the best and may he bless your union with Amal," he said.

"Here is a gift, it is a perfume you should use tonight! I promise you that Amal wouldn't be able to resist you," he said, making me push him away. "You should probably leave Saleem, get to work before the investors get here." I said with embarrassment.

"You better take my advice, it worked with my wife," he yelled with a chuckle.

***************************

The meeting was over and I was back home to get dressed for the Nikkah. I had hired little cleaners and helpers to put everything in order, the feeling of having Amal live in my house was fascinating and yet weird. Would I be her husband because I felt something for her or because she asked for my help?

I couldn't bring myself to have a comfortable conversation with her on the phone, what would leaving with her be like? maybe giving her some space would be best. The Nikkah was to start Zuhr in the Masjid, the blaring sound of cars outside made me stare through the window to notice my friends. They were here to get me, "hurry up Amar, the imam might end the marriage if you don't hurry your ass down," he joked.

I hurriedly dressed up before walking out of the apartment which looked sparkling clean. We arrived at the Mosque to notice Everyone dressed in white shadda, my dad seemed happy as his smiles were ear to ear.

He embraced me before the Nikkah started. The imam asked me a few questions which I accepted as Amal's father was here on her behalf. "Do you accept Amal hamajodah, the daughter of Dawud hamajodah as your wife?" the Imam asked, making me think of Amal, was this what was right? Accepting her and her child? Would she let me be a father to that child?

These were the questions only she could answer.

"Yes, I accept her as my wife," I let out.

"Allahu Akbar," were the words cheered in the Mosque. Different men I didn't know kept congratulating me with a hand shake. "May Allah bless both your union," The imam said before I left the Mosque.