CHAPTER 5

AMAL POV

My heart was thumping hard, do I claim to say I wasn't afraid of any outcome today. I think I had told a lie because I was very nervous, It was all the drawback of that guy. I made the salamualiakum Before I opened the door to my parent's room, the door made some cracking and slamming sound that even increased the rate of my heartbeat.

YA Allah solaces me. I had told my mom I was going to get some baking items from surrayah, not that I was going out with her. I hope she doesn't tell my dad about my coming home late Because my dad would get furious with me. If my mum had told him through the phone. it means I was dead meat getting ready to be cooked, I hated having my dad talk to me.

That was something I didn't like Because he advises me like he was humiliating me. Must Times he says things like! How old are you? I tell him 23 and he roars at me saying, You are 23 and you behave like you are not aged sufficiently! Most of your ally is married with kids already. You better grow up because your husband wouldn't condole this your behavior in his house, In my dad's voice.

MUM POV

The cloud is getting dull. I hope this girl is okay and doesn't walk inside the rain. oh, I forgot let me pack the clothes from the backyard before it starts raining. I guess that Is my phone ringing, I think it should be amal. I just hope and pray she is the one calling.

Radiya? radiya kawo mun waya na (radiya? radiya bring my phone it ringing) Hello? miji na ( hello, my husband). Everything is nice at home. You won't be back home today? Oh, how unexpected. you would be back tomorrow?

Okay, I won't forget, I would let amal know. What would you want me to cook for you? Oh, the normal tuwo da miyan kifi( mashed rice and catfish soup)
With zobo. Done my husband. God would bring you back for me, Safe journey.

AMAL POV

"Mummy, I heard you wanted to see me," I said immediately I entered her room. "Yes!yes, yes. I did want to see you urgently, but what took you long?" My mum asked. "Mummy wallahi dana kai gidan su surayah, bata na Sai sai sai ( mummy when I reached surayah house, she wasn't around then then then.)" I tried to explain.

"It's okay I don't want to hear all you blaring. let go to the kitchen and prepare dinner for everyone before they call the maghrib prayer, you know I hate night dinner." my mum said standing up to leave her room. "Let have our conversation there, your dad had a little message for you. She added.

Anytime my mum doesn't want to listen to what I have to explain know it a big gist, But this time it was my dad who had a message for me. "Mummy let me change up quickly, I would be with you soon," I said. "Hurry you no there is no much time! right?" My mum said.

"Yes, mum?" I replied running to my room.
"I promise to make it snappy," I screamed at the top of my voice so she could hear me. I walked to my room still thinking about what that immature guy did. I slumped on the bed thinking and praying to God that I meet him again because he was going to get the other side of me, Who did he think he was? he better pray to his GOD! I thought in my mind heating my palms together.

"What are you thinking about?" radiya asked me with an irritating frown on her face. I was going to tell her about everything that happened to me, But?
I could hear my mum screaming my name.
"Amal are you sleeping? what took you long?" My mum asked.

"I am almost done, mama!" I said standing up to change to something more comfortable. "Radiya some other time, I promise to tell you everything," I said before leaving the room.

**********

Hey, incredible hearts reading this book.
I feel loved and genuinely happy♥️

Keep voting and commenting, please🌹