Doubt

*Brian Kelton's House*

Hank Voight watched from afar as the Superintendent's body was loaded into the back of an Ambulance and driven off to the morge. The Officers around him saluted the vehicle until it was out of sight.

The Sergeant let out a sigh and made his way towards the townhouse, pausing when he felt someone appear beside him. His lips twitched up in a soft smile at the very familiar presence and he looked down to see Ana standing to his right.

Hank's face fell instantly, however, when he clocked several things about her appearance. She looked exhausted, her eyes were slightly red, and her left hand was loosely curled into a fist. He also threw a nasty glare at the healing cut on her cheek.

"You okay?" The older man wondered in a low murmur.

"Not now, Henry." Ana whispered. "Please- just- I can't-"

Her voice cracked at the end and she brought a hand up to her face. The brunette looked like she was going to cry again and Hank immediately wrapped an arm around her in response.

"Okay, hey, it can wait." He assured, rubbing her back in comfort. "We have bigger things to worry about, hm?"

"Yeah." She sniffled, wiping at her eyes a bit.

Hank looked from her to the Officer standing just inside the glass door they were in front of and stepped forwards. He dropped his arm from around the brunette's shoulders and moved to grab her hand instead. She grasped onto it tightly and her husband squeezed back just as hard.

"Sergeants." The patrolman greeted as he opened the door for them.

"Thanks, man." Hank nodded and they walked over to where Jay was standing at a counter with another, at least to Ana, unfamiliar man across from him. "All right, what do we got?"

"Acting Superintendent Crawford wants us running it with Homicide." The Detective replied, gesturing to the man in front of him.

"We got a lot of eyes on this. Makes sense." The older man shrugged.

"Hank, I need a word with you two." The Homicide cop requested, glancing at Jay. "In private."

"You can talk in front of Halstead." He assured.

"We just found a witness. Saw a black SUV driving near Kelton's house around the time of the murder. The SUV was driving slow, suspiciously." The man explained.

"Okay." Hank gestured for him to continue.

"I had CPIC run traffic cams on any black SUVs in the vicinity. Got three hits: 75-year-old grandfather, soccer mom. . . and your SUV." The Homicide cop revealed.

"You're asking if I killed Kelton." The older man realized what this was almost instantly.

"You." He shrugged, tilting his head in Ana's direction. "Or your wife."

Hank's gaze hardened into an ice cold glare but the brunette spoke up before he could saying anything on her behalf.

"And when exactly was the time of death?" She inquired, voice devoid of all emotion and Jay glanced at her in concern.

The brunette was not in the mood to deal with any of this crap.

"As far as we can tell, two days ago roughly around this time." The Homicide Cop answered.

"Battalion Chief Wallace Boden." Ana smirked. "He and his crew of firefighters over at 51 would be happy to vouch for the fact that I was on shift during the time of the murder."

She promptly turned on her heel and marched down a hallway to her left. Hank just glared at the man for a little while longer before eventually looking over at Jay and nodding for the Detective to follow him. They made their way over to where Ana was waiting for them at the end of the corridor and began walking even further into the house.