Assets

*District 21: Bullpen*

Ana stood up from her desk and headed towards Hank's Office before leaning in the doorway with a huge smile on her face.

"Look who I found wandering around aimlessly like a homesick puppy." The brunette smirked and moved out of the way.

The older man had been doing some paperwork and instantly sat that aside, dropping his pen. He shot out of his seat when none other than Adam Ruzek walked into the small room.

"Hey, how'd it go with the lawyer?" Hank wondered, cracking a small smile as he approached the other man with an outsretched hand.

"Yeah, pretty straightforward. Um, state's attorney is moving forward on the obstruction charges." He shrugged, shaking the limb. "There's no trial date set or anything, but the lawyer thinks it'll happen sometime next year."

"Then don't do anything stupid between now and then." The older man joked while being completely serious at the same time.

"I'll do my best." Adam assured as Hank moved back behind his desk. "Hey, listen, I wanted to talk to you about something. Figured you'd probably know more about it than Ana would."

"Huh." The older man grunted in response.

"Um, can a cop choose to be in general population? I mean, if I lose, I don't know I don't know how well I'll do 23 hours a day alone in my cell." He explained, quietly.

Ana silently locked eyes with her husband over Adam's shoulder for a split second. Hank was living proof that a cop can make that choice and survive it too.

"Uh, well, we'll talk about that down the road if we need to." The older man murmured.

The two men stared at each other for a bit and the younger moved towards the door once he realized he wasn't going to get anything else from the elder.

"Yeah, um, is Kev all right?" Adam inquired as he glanced between the two Sergeants. "I've been reaching out to him, and, uh, he's gone silent on me."

"Oh, he's just working a case. That's all." Ana smiled.

"All right. All right, thanks, guys." He nodded.

"Yeah." "No problem." They replied, simultaneously.

Hank sat in his chair again and watched Adam leave the room before looking at his wife. Ana just let out a sigh before going back to her desk.

*A Little While Later*

Hailey was standing next to the whiteboard where a bunch of information regarding their newest case was written and taped up to it.

"Talked to Homicide about the Smokey thing. Turns out he's a high ranking guy in Darius Walker's organization." The blonde informed, referring to how Kevin had found out "Smokey" had been robbed and murdered while he was undercover in said organization.

"Any suspects?" Hank wondered from where he was standing next to Ana, who was seated at her desk.

"Nothing real yet. All we know is two male Latinos were spotted near the crime scene a few minutes after it happened." Hailey replied.

"Smokey had 20 grand on him, which means he knew the sellers. He probably did business with them before." Kevin speculated from where he was sitting on Antonio's desk next to Kim, who was standing to the right of it. "Otherwise he wouldn't have had that much money on him."

"So it's an inside job." Ana realized.
"Seller steals the cash and keeps the product. It wouldn't be the first time we've seen that happen."

"No, but it's the first time it's happened to somebody working for Darius Walker." Kim retorted.